Jackson County Airport - Jefferson, GA
Monday through Friday - 6:00 PM to Dusk
Saturdays & Sundays - Dawn to Dusk
Saturdays & Sundays - Dawn to Dusk
*Pending pilot availability
- Fly with a FAA Certified Flight instructor with over 2,000 hours experience flying light sport aircraft
- Soar through the sky reaching top speeds of 80 MPH & heights up to 5000 feet
- Take the controls and try your hand at level flight and gentle turns
- Enjoy beautiful views of the Georgia countryside
- Your instructor will even demonstrate some steep turns and descents, if you dare!
During this flight and lesson experience, you will be introduced to the exciting world of Light Sport Flying.Light Sport Flying (LSF) is regulated by the FAA and an extremely fun and safe way to fly.
Your FAA Certified Instructor will give you a short briefing before take-off and go over what to expect once in the air. He will make sure you are safely in your seat and equip you with a helmet and intercom for easy communication. Before you know it, you'll be racing down the runway with the wind whipping through your hair!In seconds, you are hundreds of feet high.
In the air, your instructor will demonstrate some basic maneuvers and turns before passing the controls to you. At about 1,500 feet, you will be in control of the aircraft and practicing some level flying and gentle turns yourself! If you are up for a real thrill, ask you instructor to show you some steep turns and descents... it will get the adrenaline going for sure!
Of course, don't forget to soak in the views. On clear days, you'll be able to see Stone Mountain, Lake Lanier, and more!
This is truly a special way to fly and is sure to be a memorable experience for all!
- Must be at least 14 years old to participate
- Participants under 18 years old must provide parental consent
- Maximum participant weight is 220 pounds
Flight times vary depending on option selected. Please allow for an extra 30 minutes at the airport prior to your scheduled flight.
1 per aircraft
Yes - Spectators can observe from the Pilot's Lounge or Veranda
This experience is weather dependent and susceptible to wind. Always contact the Experience provider with any questions regarding weather conditions.
What to Wear:
Long pants and a light jacket are recommended in the summer. Thick jacket and gloves recommended for cooler days. Socks and shoes required.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 7 days in advance.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9 Living's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have scheduled a date and received a booking confirmation, no refunds will be given. Rescheduling is allowed up to 24 hours prior to your experience. Failure to appear on your booked date or to reschedule at least 24 hours prior to your booked date will result in the loss of the value of your experience. In the event your experience is canceled due to inclement weather you will reschedule your experience directly with your experience provider.
Is this safe?
Yes! For this experience, you will be learning to fly and soar in a Light Sport Aircraft known as a Trike. These aircraft are subject to strict FAA regulations and are extremely safe. In fact, these are some of the safest aircrafts out there because, in the unlikely event of engine failure, they can be flown as a hang glider!
When is the best time to fly?
The summer months (June-September) are best for flying and the best time of day is during the mornings and evenings when the wind is typically calmer.
How high will we fly?
Typical cruising altitude for this experience is 1,500 feet, but you can fly as low as 500 feet and even reach altitudes of 5,000 feet. In an open cockpit, the views are incomparable!
Is this experience weather dependent?
Yes, Light Sport Aircraft are susceptible to wind. We always recommend contacting your pilot on the day of your experience if you have any concerns regarding weather. In the event your flight is cancelled due to weather you can reschedule directly with your pilot.
Other Atlanta Gift Ideas:(View all 48 Atlanta experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- NASCAR Ride AlongAvg Rating of: 4-half(16)From: $130
- Drive a NASCAR Stock CarFrom: $499
- Learn to Fly a HelicopterAvg Rating of: 5(13)From: $212
- Fly a BiplaneFrom: $345
- Ultimate Stunt Driving ExperienceFrom: $299
- Romantic Sunset FlightFrom: $292
- NASCAR Ride Along - TalladegaFrom: $130
- Drive a NASCAR - TalladegaFrom: $499
- SpaFinder Wellness Gift CertificateFrom: $100
- All Atlanta Experiences