T-6 Warbird Flight
Cobb County Airport - Kennesaw, GA
Daily - 8:00 AM to 6:00 PM
*Pending pilot availability
Climb aboard a historic North American T-6 Texan Warbird and imagine you're a 1940's pilot preparing for a dogfight!
- Fly with an experienced Certified FAA Flight Instructor and take control of the aircraft mid-flight
- Texas Warbird offers a powerful 600-horsepower Pratt & Whiteney radial engine
- Maneuver through the air and feel your weight press hard into your parachute as you pull through a high-G maneuver
- Feel the thrill of flying like a WWII Fighter Pilot on this exhilarating flight near Atlanta!
Your experienced pilot will provide a personal look into how fighter pilots of the 1940's trained for their historic WWII missions.
Climb into the cockpit and with a flip of the ignition switch the prop begins to turn as the engine pops, sputters, and roars to life!
Feel the G-forces during your Warbird adventure flight as you carve up the sky with some high powered flying. Experience the unique sound, smell and feel of a genuine supercharged fighter trainer.
The plane has dual controls, so you can even try your hand at flying!
About the North American T-6:
Known as the "Pilot Maker" because it trained over 100,000 allied pilots in WW II, the Texan was built as an advanced fighter trainer for the U.S. Army, the U.S. Navy and many Allied nations.
The designation AT-6 was used by the Army Air Corps, while the Air Force referred to it as a T-6, and the Navy called the aircraft an SNJ. The Commonwealth Air Forces referred to it as a Harvard.
The planes were designed to be flown by experienced pilots transitioning to the hot front line during the war and were used to teach air combat, gunnery, bombing and aircraft carrier operations.
- Participants must be at least 16 years of age and weigh no more than 300 pounds
- Must bring a valid form of ID
- Cap, goggles and a parachute will be provided during the flight
- Pricing includes fuel surcharge and tax
Depending on the option selected, flight times will be approximately 15, 30 or 45 minutes. The total experience time will be between 45 and 75 minutes.
This experience is for 1 student only.
Spectators are allowed to watch the take-off and landing from the airport.
This experience is weather dependent. Always contact the experience provider with any questions regarding weather conditions.
What to Wear:
Wear comfortable clothing appropriate for the weather conditions. Closed-toes shoes and sunglasses are recommended.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 7 days in advance.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9 Living's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have scheduled a date and received a booking confirmation, no refunds will be given. Rescheduling is allowed up to 72 hours prior to your experience but may incur a $50 rescheduling fee. Failure to appear on your booked date or to reschedule at least 72 hours prior to your booked date will result in the loss of the value of your experience. In the event your experience is canceled due to inclement weather you will reschedule your experience directly with your pilot.
What is the plane like?
This experience will take place in a North American AT-6 "Texan." The T-6 is a two-place advanced trainer and was made popular during World War II.
How long is the flight?
Your flight time will be approximately 15, 30 or 45 minutes, depending on the option selected.
Are there any age or weight requirements?
Participants must be at least 16 years of age and weigh no more than 300 pounds.
What shiould I bring with me?
Please bring a valid form of ID with you to the airport. Goggles and a cap will be provided.
What if my flight is cancelled due to weather?
It is recommended to contact your pilot on the day of your experience if you have any concerns regarding weather. In the event of your flight being cancelled due to inclement weather, you will reschedule directly with the pilot.
Other Atlanta Gift Ideas:(View all 48 Atlanta experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- NASCAR Ride AlongAvg Rating of: 4-half(16)From: $130
- Drive a NASCAR Stock CarFrom: $499
- Learn to Fly a HelicopterAvg Rating of: 5(13)From: $212
- Fly a BiplaneFrom: $345
- Ultimate Stunt Driving ExperienceFrom: $299
- Romantic Sunset FlightFrom: $292
- NASCAR Ride Along - TalladegaFrom: $130
- Drive a NASCAR - TalladegaFrom: $499
- SpaFinder Wellness Gift CertificateFrom: $100
- All Atlanta Experiences
"The flight was more incredible than expected. The pilot was amazing and his years of experience and service were evident. The only negative was that the pilot was told that we were flying from a different airport than what we were told. When he wasn't there by our flight time, I called and he flew down to Hawthorne which took an additional 30 minutes. It was worth it, but if we had been on a tight schedule it would have been a problem. "