Accelerated Freefall Skydive
Wednesday through Monday - 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM
*Closed on Christmas
- After an exhilarating tandem freefall of nearly 60 seconds, you will deploy the parachute at 5,500 feet, then steer the parachute as you glide to the landing
- Instructors are certified by the United States Parachute Association and will teach you how to jump, land, and freefall during a 6-hour-long course on the ground
- Ground practice and simulations of skydiving scenario before your hands-on tandem jump
- A 360-degree view of the Texas landscape
Imagine jumping from an airplane flying 10,500 feet above the ground and soaring through the air at 120 MPH!
Your day begins with a 4-6 hour ground training lesson. During this course you will learn how to exit the airplane, practice correct freefall body position, learn altitude awareness, practice pulls, learn how to fly and also how to land the parachute.
Provided the weather and aircraft are cooperating we get you up for your skydive on the same day as your ground training.
After nearly 60 seconds of free fall with a tandem instructor, you will deploy the parachute at 5,500 feet, practice altitude awareness, and steer the parachute to the landing area!
- Participants must be 18 years of age and provide a valid ID (drivers license or passport) at the time of check-in
- Jumpers must weigh less than 230 pounds and be comfortable with a moderate level of fitness
Plan for a full day, as the class is 6 hours in length.
1 person per jump.
Spectators are welcome to wait at the covered patio on site. Don't forget your camera!
This experience is weather dependent. Always contact the experience provider with any questions regarding weather conditions.
What to Wear:
Wear comfortable clothing appropriate for weather conditions and sneakers. No open toed shoes or hiking boots. T-shirts with sleeves are recommended, no tank tops. Everything else is provided.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 21 days in advance.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9 Living's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have scheduled a date and received a booking confirmation, no refunds will be given. Rescheduling is allowed up to 72 hours prior to your experience, failure to appear on your booked date or to reschedule at least 72 hours prior to your booked date will result in a $50 cancellation fee per person. In the event your experience is canceled due to inclement weather you will reschedule your experience directly with your experience provider.
Can I bring my Go-Pro or camera on the tandem?
The United States Parachute Association requires a minimum of 200 skydives before jumping with a camera for safety reasons. Most setups are not able to withstand 120 mph winds. Dropping the camera could potentially kill someone on the ground, and it could also be a snag hazard in the air.
Are photo or video packages available?
Yes, video and photo packages are available for purchase; prices start at $100. Please call your experience provider once your reservation is confirmed to purchase ahead of time.
Is there an age restriction?
Yes, you must be at least 18 years old to skydive. For legal reasons, there are no exceptions to this rule, even with parental consent.
Why is this different than a normal Skydive jump?
This course includes a 6 hour class, and a hands-on tandem jump, where you will be able to pull your own parachute, track altitude, and steer toward the ground. It is also the first step toward training for a future solo jump. The full AFF training course takes 8 jumps and requires that you maintain currency.
Other Austin Gift Ideas:(View all 38 Austin experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Learn to FlyAvg Rating of: 5(7)From: $243
- Learn to Fly a HelicopterAvg Rating of: 5(1)From: $225
- Race a Ferrari 430 ScuderiaFrom: $493
- Race a Lamborghini SuperleggeraAvg Rating of: 5(2)From: $493
- Private Dinner Cruise (for 2+)Avg Rating of: 4-half(20)From: $211
- Indoor SkydivingAvg Rating of: 5(1)From: $64
- Scenic Glider RideFrom: $255
- Action Hero TrainingFrom: $250
- Learn to Hang Glide ClassAvg Rating of: 3-half(2)From: $149
- All Austin Experiences