Austin Bergstrom International Airport - Austin, TX
Daily - 8:00 AM to 7:00 PM
*Depending on the option selected and pending pilot availability
- Certified FAA Pilot will take you on the ride of your life
- Fly in an open cockpit, beautifully maintained, 7-cylinder, 300 horsepower, 2012 Waco YMF-5 biplane
- Depart from Austin International Airport to Lake Travis on an approximately 40 minute flight
- A thrilling ride with aformer Fighter Pilotthat will get your heart racing and adrenaline pumping!
Climb into a beautiful biplane and get ready for a thrilling flight over downtown Austin and Lake Travis!
Your aerial adventure will begin when you meet your pilot and get geared up with your barnstorming uniform complete with a leather flying cap, goggles, bomber jackets and scarf. After a safety briefing and orientation, you'll be ready to take to the air with you Certified FAA Pilot!
Once you've climbed to the appropriate altitude, you'll experience aerial maneuvers you'd normally see at the air shows! Fly upside down, feel what it's like to barrel roll and experience a wing-over in the Waco YMF-5!
Choose between 40 minutes of flight time during the day or a 45-minute flight at sunset for the most breath taking views of Lake Travis, downtown Austin, the University of Texas and more.
Feel the wind in your hair and experience life as a barnstorming pilot of the 1930's with an Aerobatic Biplane Thrill Ride!
- Participant must present a valid government issued ID
- Participant's weight may not exceed 375 pounds
- This experience is recommended for anyone 6 years of age and above
- Participant will be required to wear a parachute provided by the pilot
The approximate flight time will be either 40 or 45 minutes depending on the option selected. Participants can expect to be at the airport for up to 90 minutes.
This experience is for 1 participant only.
Spectators are welcome to watch the take-off and landing from the airport.
This experience is weather dependent. Always contact the experience provider with any questions regarding weather conditions.
What to Wear:
Wear comfortable clothing appropriate for the weather conditions. Closed-toe shoes and sunglasses are recommended. A barnstorming uniform complete with leather flying cap, goggles, bomber jacket and scarf will be provided.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 7 days in advance.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9 Living's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have scheduled a date and received a booking confirmation, no refunds will be given. Rescheduling is allowed up to 72 hours prior to your experience but may incur a $50 rescheduling fee. Failure to appear on your booked date or to reschedule at least 72 hours prior to your booked date will result in the loss of the value of your experience. In the event your experience is canceled due to inclement weather you will reschedule your experience directly with your pilot.
What if the weather is bad?
If your flight is cancelled due to weather, you will reschedule directly with your pilot. It is recommended to contact your pilot on the day of the experience with questions regarding weather conditions.
What is the plane like?
This experience takes place in a Waco YMF-5. It is a current-production open-cockpit biplane. The 2012 model maintains the look and feel of a classic aircraft but is manufactured under the fabrication and safety standards of today. It is equipped with a 7-cylinder, 300-horsepower radial engine.
What should I wear?
The participant should wear comfortable clothes and sunglasses. Closed-toe shoes are recommended and high heels will not be permitted. A barnstorming uniform complete with leather flying cap, goggles, bomber jacket and scarf will be provided.
What are the age and weight restrictions?
This experience is recommended for anyone 6 years of age and older. Participants weight may not exceed 375 pounds.
Other Austin Gift Ideas:(View all 40 Austin experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Learn to FlyAvg Rating of: 5(9)From: $260
- Learn to Fly a HelicopterAvg Rating of: 5(1)From: $225
- Private Dinner Cruise (for 2+)Avg Rating of: 4-half(20)From: $211
- Indoor SkydivingAvg Rating of: 5(1)From: $64
- Zipline Canopy TourAvg Rating of: 5(1)From: $81
- Race a LamborghiniFrom: $338
- Supercar Thrill RideFrom: $299
- Sunset Sailing CruiseAvg Rating of: 5(4)From: $320
- Scenic Glider RideFrom: $325
- All Austin Experiences