Austin Bergstrom International Airport - Austin, TX
Daily - 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM
*Pending pilot availability
- The FAA Certified Pilot is a decorated combat veteran with an Air Force Special Operations background
- Fly in an open-cockpit, meticulously maintained, 7-cylinder, 300 horsepower, 2012 Waco YMF-5
- Get aerial views of Town Lake, University of Texas, Austin's parks and downtown architecture, Capitol building and more
- Feel the wind on your face like a 1930's Barnstorming pilot!
Get aerial views of the Lone Star State on an Austin Sightseeing Flight!
You'll fly in a biplane with an experienced Air Force pilot for 20 or 40 minutes, depending on the option selected. The aircraft is an open-cockpit, 7-cylinder, 2012 Waco YMF-5, an updated version of the classic 1935 Waco!
Wright Flyer Option: Approximately 20 minutes of flight time for unforgettable sights of Austin from 1,000 feet above Town Lake, Zilker Park, the Capitol Building and more!
Barnstormer Option: Approximately 40 minutes of flight time. Take in all of the Wright Flyer views then continue to the northwest and see the Colorado River, Lake Travis and Lake Austin.
Enjoy a modern day version of one of America's classic aircraft on an Austin Sightseeing Flight in a biplane!
- Participants must present a valid form of ID
- Total combined weight of passenger(s) may not exceed 375 pounds
- This experience is recommended for anyone 6 years of age and older
The approximate flight time will be either 20 or 40 minutes depending on the option selected.
Up to 2 participants per flight, depending on the option selected.
Spectators are allowed to watch the take-off and landing from the airport.
This experience is weather dependent. Always contact the experience provider with any questions regarding weather conditions on the day of your experience.
What to Wear:
Wear comfortable clothing appropriate for the weather conditions. Closed-toe shoes and sunglasses are recommended. A barnstorming uniform complete with leather flying cap, goggles, bomber jacket and scarf will be provided.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 7 days in advance.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9 Living's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have scheduled a date and received a booking confirmation, no refunds will be given. Rescheduling is allowed up to 72 hours prior to your experience but may incur a $50 rescheduling fee. Failure to appear on your booked date or to reschedule at least 72 hours prior to your booked date will result in the loss of the value of your experience. In the event your experience is canceled due to inclement weather you will reschedule your experience directly with your pilot.
What if the weather is bad?
If your flight is cancelled due to weather, you will reschedule directly with the pilot. It is recommended to contact your pilot on the day of the experience with questions regarding weather conditions.
What is the plane like?
This experience takes place in a Waco YMF-5. It is a current-production open-cockpit biplane. The 2012 model maintains the look and feel of a classic aircraft but is manufactured under the fabrication and safety standards of today. It is equipped with a 7-cylinder, 300-horsepower radial engine.
What should I wear?
Passengers should wear comfortable clothes and sunglasses. Closed-toe shoes are recommended and high heels will not be permitted. A barnstorming uniform complete with leather flying cap, goggles, bomber jacket and scarf will be provided.
What are the age and weight restrictions?
This experience is recommended for anyone 6 years of age and older. The total combined weight of the passenger(s) may not exceed 375 pounds.
Other Austin Gift Ideas:(View all 42 Austin experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Learn to FlyAvg Rating of: 5(9)From: $260
- Learn to Fly a HelicopterAvg Rating of: 5(1)From: $225
- Race a Ferrari 430 ScuderiaFrom: $498
- Race a Lamborghini SuperleggeraAvg Rating of: 5(2)From: $498
- Private Dinner Cruise (for 2+)Avg Rating of: 4-half(20)From: $211
- Indoor SkydivingAvg Rating of: 5(1)From: $64
- Zipline Canopy TourAvg Rating of: 5(1)From: $81
- Sunset Sailing CruiseAvg Rating of: 5(4)From: $325
- Scenic Glider RideFrom: $325
- All Austin Experiences
"Lifelong dream, relaxed, it was perfect. Thank you. "
"The entire experience was great, from the booking to the actual flight. The pilot and his plane were both awesome. I couldn't recommend this flight more!"