Friday through Sunday - 6:00 PM to 11:00 PM
Take a peaceful horse-drawn carriage ride along the edge of beautiful Colorado River and Lady Bird Lake!
- Over 20 years of experience providing memorable carriage rides with full-blooded Clydesdale horses
- Experience the old world nostalgia of riding in a horse-drawn carriage and taking in the sites of the city
- Whether you are celebrating an anniversary, want to create a cherished Holiday memory, or are looking to spark a moment of romance - this carriage ride will do the trick
Enjoy panoramic views of Austin's skyline as you ride along Lady Bird Lake and the edge of beautiful Colorado River on this Lady Bird Lake Horse Carriage Tour!
Take in the beauty of downtown Austin from a horse-drawn carriage - there is no better way! Your professional driver is extremely knowledgeable and can provide you with historical facts and stories of the city, or let you have a quiet, romantic ride with that special someone.
You will start from a central location in the downtown area travel through 4th street warehouse district and 2nd street called Willy Nelson Blvd. Next you will take in the views along the edge of the Colorado River.
Experience the leisurely pace and listening to the peaceful clip clop of the Clydesdale pulling your carriage along the streets of Austin.
Gather some good company and enjoy a Clydesdale driven ride in one of the greatest cities in America!
- Price includes pick up within 8 blocks from 6th street
- A small fee will apply if you would like to be picked up or dropped off outside this area
- Pick up locations include: Hampton Inn & Suites, Four Seasons Hotel, Hilton Austin Hotel, Driskill Hotel, Omni Austin Hotel
Approximately 45 minutes.
The carriage seats 1 to 6 people on your private ride.
This experience is only for those on the tour.
This experience is weather dependent. Always contact the experience provider with any questions regarding weather conditions.
What to Wear:
Dress as you would for some time spent outside.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 14 days in advance.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9 Living's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have scheduled a date and received a booking confirmation, no exchanges are allowed. Rescheduling is allowed up to 72 hours prior to the experience for no fee. A $10 fee payable directly to the experience provider will be charged for rescheduling within 72 hours. Failure to appear on your booked date or to reschedule in accordance with these terms will result in the loss of the value of your experience.
What happens in bad weather?
All of our carriages are equipped with convertible tops which can be raised to protect the passengers while riding. This will keep you dry in a light rain or cool on a hot day.
Can we pet the horses?
Yes, you can, but please ask the driver first. They can tell you where their horse loves to be pet most.
What kind of horses do you use?
All of our horses are full blooded Clydesdales. These magnificent animals originated in Clyde Valley, Scotland in the mid-18th century. They were bred for heavy work, such as hauling heavy objects and farming. A Clydesdale horse measures on average 16-18 hands, or about 6 feet tall at the shoulder and weighs between 1600 and 2000 pounds! Clydesdales are often called "Gentle Giants" because of their calm disposition. They often act like overgrown puppies! Our horses develop strong relationships with their owners and drivers.
How fast do the horses walk? How long will it take us to reach our destination?
Our horses travel at a leisurely pace of about 4-7 miles an hour, depending on the horse. Ask your driver, they will be able to tell you if their horse is one of the outrageously spoiled ones who think they own the road!
Other Austin Gift Ideas:(View all 43 Austin experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Learn to FlyAvg Rating of: 5(9)From: $243
- Learn to Fly a HelicopterAvg Rating of: 5(1)From: $225
- Race a Ferrari 430 ScuderiaFrom: $498
- Race a Lamborghini SuperleggeraAvg Rating of: 5(2)From: $498
- Private Dinner Cruise (for 2+)Avg Rating of: 4-half(20)From: $211
- Indoor SkydivingAvg Rating of: 5(1)From: $64
- Zipline Canopy TourAvg Rating of: 5(1)From: $81
- Sunset Sailing CruiseAvg Rating of: 5(4)From: $300
- Scenic Glider RideFrom: $325
- All Austin Experiences
"Very pleasant guide (Sam). On time with Star (horse) and carriage. Comfortable and fun ride. Sunday is a good choice since there is less traffic to deal with, not that it would be a problem for Star!! Would definitely recommend the experience!!"
"The whole experience was pleasant from the very beginning until the end. The driver was very informative of the City of Austin and had lots of insight about the local history. The location was very convenient, right outside of the Driskill Hotel. I would recommend this to anybody who wants to have a little extra something to do in the city of Austin."