Georgetown Municipal Airport - Georgetown, TX
Skylark Field Airport- Killeen, TX
Daily - 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM
*Pending pilot availability
- Learn from a knowledgeable and experienced FAA certified flight instructor
- Train aboard a Cessna 162 or 172 - the most widespread training aircrafts in the world
- Handle the controls of the airplane while taking in views of Texas Hill Country below
- Choose to take flight out of the Georgetown Municipal Airport or Skylark Field Airport
- No experience necessary
Have you always wondered what it would be like to sit in the pilot's seat of an airplane, take the controls, and soar into the deep blue? This Learn to Fly experience is for you!
Your hands-on flight lesson will begin with a one-hour ground school session where you will learn the basics and prepare for your flight. Your instructor will take you through the preflight inspection and prepare the Cessna for takeoff.
After ground school and preflight inspection, it's time for takeoff!
In the air, you will take the controls and do the majority of the flying with your FAA certified flight instructor with you every step of the way as you take to the sky.
After landing, your instructor will enter your flight in an official pilot's logbook which you may keep either as a souvenir of a once-in-a-lifetime experience or as the beginning of your pilot license training.
Prepare for a memorable experience over Texas Hill Country, and come learn to fly!
- Must be at least 8 years of age and students under 18 must be accompanied by an adult
- Student and passengers combined weight cannot exceed 400 lbs
- Participants must provide documentation of US Citizenship
For the 2-hour lesson, plan on being on site for 2.5 hours. This includes 1-hour ground school and 1-hour flight instruction. For the 2.5-hour lesson, plan on being on site for 3 hours. This includes 1-hour ground school and 1.5 hour flight instruction.
1 student and up to 1 passenger depending upon option selected; however, the total weight of both the student and the passengers must be no more than 400 lbs. Please call Cloud 9 Living for details on 1 student / 2 passenger option.
Spectators are welcome to come and watch or take pictures and view the takeoff. There is indoor and outdoor seating at the airport terminal with vending and wi-fi.
This experience is weather dependent. Always contact the Experience provider with any questions regarding weather conditions. In the event of inclement weather, your pilot will work with you to reschedule your experience.
What to Wear:
Wear comfortable clothing appropriate for weather conditions; flat rubber-soled shoes are recommended.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 14 days in advance.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have scheduled a date and received a booking confirmation, no refunds will be given. Rescheduling is allowed up to 72 hours prior to your experience, failure to appear on your booked date or to reschedule at least 72 hours prior to your booked date will result in the loss of the value of your experience. In the event your experience is canceled due to inclement weather you will reschedule your experience directly with your experience provider.
Are there any weight restrictions?
Student and passengers combined weight cannot exceed 400 lbs.
Do I need experience?
No experience is necessary. This flight is considered an introductory flight and is meant to be fun and exciting for everyone!
Is there an age requirement?
Participants must be at least 8 years of age. Students under 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
What if my flight is cancelled due to weather?
We always recommend contacting your pilot on the day of your experience if you have any concerns regarding weather. In the event your flight is cancelled due to weather you can reschedule directly with your pilot.
Can I bring a passenger?
Yes, you may upgrade to the option that includes a passenger.
Other Austin Gift Ideas:(View all 42 Austin experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Learn to FlyAvg Rating of: 5(9)From: $260
- Learn to Fly a HelicopterAvg Rating of: 5(1)From: $225
- Race a Ferrari 430 ScuderiaFrom: $498
- Race a Lamborghini SuperleggeraAvg Rating of: 5(2)From: $498
- Private Dinner Cruise (for 2+)Avg Rating of: 4-half(20)From: $211
- Indoor SkydivingAvg Rating of: 5(1)From: $64
- Zipline Canopy TourAvg Rating of: 5(1)From: $81
- Sunset Sailing CruiseAvg Rating of: 5(4)From: $325
- Scenic Glider RideFrom: $325
- All Austin Experiences
"My wife and son truly enjoyed their flight. I have passed info to several friends already."
"Jonathan was an awesome instructor, and he really helped me feel comfortable while flying. I learned a lot from him and really enjoyed the experience. "