San Antonio, TX
Monday through Friday - 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM
Saturday & Sunday - 12:00 PM to 6:00 PM
- Receive hands-on guidance from an artist with over 15 years of experience
- Discover the thrill of working with molten glass as you learn a variety of glass blowing techniques
- Practice and hone skills like color application, blowing and shaping techniques, cold working, and casting
- Enjoy this experience with up to 4 participants and take home your very own work of art!
Glass blowing is one of the oldest and most unique art forms around. Embrace your creative side as you design and blow your very own, custom glass art piece during this Private Glass Blowing Experience!
Your private introduction to glass blowing will begin with a brief history of the art form. You'll learn how techniques have evolved over the years and find out what types of techniques you will be using to create your own piece. Together with your expert instructor, you will discuss what you want to make and how you envision your piece to look. Once you have a plan in mind... it will be time to get to work!
Over the course of approximately an hour, your instructor will assist you as you learn to gather glass, apply color, form, heat, and blow the glass. It is an exciting process and your expert instructor will be there to help you every step of the way!
Of course, you are welcome to bring along some friends to share in this unique experience with you! This private studio lesson is perfect for groups of up to 4 participants. Each participant will go home with their very own piece, but you will all be involved in the creation process and assist one another as you make your unique pieces! It's a fun and memorable way to spend a few hours with friends or loved ones.
Whether you are an art aficionado or just curious to try your hand at glass blowing, this Private Glass Blowing Experience will be one for the books!
- Participants must be at least 16 years old
- Participants under 18 years old must provide a signed liability release form by a parent or guardian
- All levels are welcome and your class will cater toward your ability
- Materials and tools are included
- Each student will create a medium sized art piece - see FAQs for more info
- Items must cool overnight in the oven, but will be available for pick-up 2 business days later
- Shipping fees will apply for items that cannot be picked up
Class length varies by the number of participants. A class for 1 participant typically lasts about 1.5 hours, while a class for 4 could last up to 4 hours. Please contact the experience provider directly with specific questions regarding class times.
For 1-4 participants depending on the option selected.
Yes! There are bleachers in the studio space so spectators can have a front-row view of the process. There is also an adjoining gallery space with air conditioning from which you can view.
This experience is not weather dependent.
What to Wear:
Please wear closed-toe shoes and comfortable attire. You should avoid overly baggy clothing or accessories.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings 30 days in advance.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9 Living's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have received a booking confirmation, cancellations are allowed up to 14 days prior to the experience. You may reschedule your experience with at least 72 hours notice to the experience provider. Failure to appear on your booked date or to cancel and reschedule within the permitted time frames will result in the loss of the value of your experience.
Do I need any experience?
No! This class is perfect for participants of all skill levels and will be catered to your abilities.
Are there any age restrictions to participate?
Participants must be at least 16 years old. Anyone under the age of 18 will need a liability release signed by a parent or guardian.
Will drinks or snacks be available?
Bottled water will be provided but you are welcome to bring your own beverages. You may also want to pack a few snacks to tide you over.
What will we be making?
For this class, each participant will go home with a medium sized glass art piece. Pieces can be customized to each participants desires, but typically you will make a wall platter or a decorative bowl.
How involved will I be in the creation of my piece?
As much or as little as you want! This is meant to be a learning experience and your instructor will be there to guide you each step of the way. Of course, the art of glass blowing takes years to master and there are no guarantees that your piece will come out as you intended. In some rare cases, your piece may not survive the creation and annealing process. Whenever possible, your instructors will assist you to salvage your creation or help you to make a new piece so you will have a memento to take home.
When will I be able to take my piece home?
Hot glass art requires about 18-24 hours to cool. As such, you will not be able to take your piece home with you at the end of your experience. Typically, your creation will be available for pickup two business days after your experience. Shipping is available and starts at $20 per piece. You will make these arrangements directly with the experience provider.
Other Austin Gift Ideas:(View all 39 Austin experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Learn to FlyAvg Rating of: 5(8)From: $243
- Learn to Fly a HelicopterAvg Rating of: 5(1)From: $225
- Race a Ferrari 430 ScuderiaFrom: $493
- Race a Lamborghini SuperleggeraAvg Rating of: 5(2)From: $493
- Private Dinner Cruise (for 2+)Avg Rating of: 4-half(20)From: $211
- Indoor SkydivingAvg Rating of: 5(1)From: $64
- Zipline Canopy TourAvg Rating of: 5(1)From: $81
- Sunset Sailing CruiseAvg Rating of: 5(4)From: $300
- Scenic Glider RideFrom: $255
- All Austin Experiences