Driveway Austin - Austin, TX
Select dates only:
Click here for schedule
- Get behind the wheel of the vehicle that has set the standard for speed, style and elegance - a Porsche 911 Carrera S
- Begin your day with approximately 45 minutes of instruction
- Feel the rush of speed as you attack the unique elevation course at Driveway Austin
- Professional instructor will provide you with helpful racing tips and techniques
- Marvel at your skills and take the thrill home with a complimentary video package included!
A Porsche is the epitome of German automobile engineering. Many people dream of getting behind the wheel of these luxury vehicles, but few get that experience. This is your chance to not only drive a Porsche, but to race one!
Your day at the track will start with approximately 45 minutes of instruction prior to racing the course. This time includes about 20 minutes of classroom instruction during which you will go over track driving lines, acceleration points, safety features, and more. Next, you will spend about 15 minutes on the course with your instructor and other participants for a low-speed ride-along to better understand the course. Finally, you'll spend about 10 minutes going over final details and questions before hitting the course!
Before you know it, it's time to get behind the wheel and dominate the road!
Porsche 911 Carrera S:This performance vehicle is capable of hitting 60 MPH in just 3.9 seconds. The Porsche 911 Carrera S is perfectly balanced for the track and a dream to drive. Hug all the curves when you drive this iconic vehicle!
Porsche/Nissan Combo Package: For the true supercar enthusiast, select the Porsche and Nissan combo package and drive both the Nissan GT-R and the Porsche 911 Carrera S. This 12-Lap package includes 6 laps in each car. This is your chance to drive not one, but two of the world's fastest cars!
The Elevation Course at Driveway Austin: Located in the heart of Texas, Driveway Austin is a unique track experience. With it's signature corners and extreme elevation changes, this course brings a European flair to Texas. Even the asphalt was methodically tested and specially developed for maximum grip in both wet and dry conditions. The course is approximately 1 mile and boasts 11, thrilling turns. There is really no other course like it!
- Helmets will be provided.
- Participants must be at least 18 years of age and possess a valid driver's license
- Customers over 6'2" may have difficulty comfortably or safely driving these cars. If the racing instructor determines that you are unable to safely drive your selected vehicle, you will be given the opportunity to drive another car at the instructor's discretion.
- Included in the cost of this experience is a $39 vehicle damage waiver
- Complimentary video package of your experience is included
Approximately 2 hours
1 driver per car but up to 20 participants per group
We encourage you to bring family and friends to share the experience! Don't forget to bring a camera!
Generally this experience will run rain or shine. The vehicles are equipped with safety systems to handle driving in any condition. In the event extreme weather conditions force your session to be cancelled, your experience provider will reschedule your experience. Please contact your experience provider if you have any concerns about the weather on the day of your experience.
What to Wear:
It is recommended to wear comfortable clothing and closed toe shoes are required. Tennis shoes are recommended.
For this experience, we recommend booking at least 60 days in advance.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9 Living's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have scheduled a date and received a booking confirmation, all bookings are final. No refunds or exchanges are allowed once you have scheduled a date. Rescheduling is allowed with at least 72 hours prior notice.
What are the requirements to drive?
Drivers must be at least 18 years old and have a valid driver's license.
Do I need to know how to drive manual transmission?
No! All vehicles are equipped with a no-clutch, paddle shift on the wheel which you will be taught to use. If you prefer, automatic transmission mode is available on all the cars.
Are there any height or weight restrictions?
No, but participants over 6'2" may have difficulties comfortably fitting into the Lamborghini Superleggera. Please contact your experience provider if you have any concerns.
Do I need any previous racing experience?
Absolutely not! This driving experience is open to anyone! No matter what your skills are behind the wheel, you will enjoy the experience! You will, of course, follow the technical briefings and participate in a discovery lap with an instructor before you drive. You will also be accompanied by a professional driving instructor while you're on the track to help ensure that you take full advantage of the car.
Can I use my own helmet?
No. Helmets are provided and are specially equipped with integrated communication to allow you and your instructor to communicate.
Can I bring my own recording device?
A complimentary video package is included with this experience. However, participants are allowed to bring GoPro's if they choose to.
Other Austin Gift Ideas:(View all 38 Austin experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Learn to FlyAvg Rating of: 5(7)From: $243
- Learn to Fly a HelicopterAvg Rating of: 5(1)From: $225
- Race a Ferrari 430 ScuderiaFrom: $493
- Race a Lamborghini SuperleggeraAvg Rating of: 5(2)From: $493
- Private Sunset Sailing CruiseAvg Rating of: 5(4)From: $250
- Private Dinner Cruise (for 2+)Avg Rating of: 4-half(19)From: $211
- Indoor SkydivingAvg Rating of: 5(1)From: $64
- Zipline Canopy TourFrom: $81
- Scenic Glider RideFrom: $255
- All Austin Experiences