Sundays - 9:30 AM
- Passionate tour providers are ranked #1 on Yelp.com and have been featured on Austin's NBC and CBS
- Experience 7-8 food tastings and 1-2 libations ranging from juicy burgers and New York-style pizza to delicious desserts and cocktails
- Learn about the vibrant, creative SoCo neighborhood and the local culinary scene
- Great for visitors to Austin or locals looking to experience all this hip area has to offer!
On this South Congress (SoCo) food tour, you'll venture to the must-try hidden gems in the neighborhood that craft some of Austin's tastiest eats.
South Congress and the South 1st Street area acts as the epicenter of Austin and captures the city's vibe.
Your guides will lead you through some of the area's best off-the-beaten path eateries. Along the way, you'll learn about the South Congress neighborhood, its happenings and the local culinary scene from a local insider.
The SoCo food tour typically includes the chef-inspired "Tamago Yoko", Austin's best shrimp and grits, the local's favorite New York-style pizza, juicy burgers, seasonal specials, a libation sampling and more!
Plus, you'll get a chance to meet face to face with the people behind the food, and learn the stories behind the dishes you sample along the way.
Be sure to bring your appetite!
- Approximately 1-mile of walking through the course of this 3-hour tour
- All tastings are included in the price
- The tour will end a few blocks from the original starting point
- Gratuity for your tour guide is not included, but is appreciated if you enjoy your experience
Approximately 3 hours
You will be accompanied by other tour participants, with a maximum of 12 per tour. For groups larger than 4 please contact Cloud 9 Living directly for pricing.
This experience is only for those on the tour.
This tour is weather dependent. In the event of severe weather always contact your experience provider with any questions about weather conditions.
What to Wear:
Wear comfortable clothes appropriate for the weather. Be sure to wear comfortable shoes.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 3-6 weeks prior to your ideal date. These tours are very popular and fill up early.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have scheduled a date and received a booking confirmation, cancellations and rescheduling is allowed up to 72 hours prior to your experience. A cancellation/rescheduling fee may incur. Failure to appear on your booked date or to cancel or reschedule at least 72 hours prior to your booked date will result in the loss of the value of your experience.
What should I bring on the tour?
Comfortable shoes and a camera if you’d like.
Can I bring kids on the tour?
This tour is for ages 15 and up. Alcohol will only be served to those who are 21 and up with valid ID.
Should we have a light meal before the tour?
Although you will be sampling at each eatery, you will be eating the equivalent of a large meal. Most people leave full.
What about tipping?
Gratuity for your tour guide is not included and appreciated if you enjoy your experience. Recommended guide gratuity is $10-$13 per person.
Which restaurants do we visit on the tour?
There are over 30 local restaurants and food trailers that our provider works with. The itinerary for the tour changes frequently and so it is not listed in the description. Enjoy the delicious surprise!
Other Austin Gift Ideas:(View all 39 Austin experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Learn to FlyAvg Rating of: 5(8)From: $243
- Learn to Fly a HelicopterAvg Rating of: 5(1)From: $225
- Race a Ferrari 430 ScuderiaFrom: $493
- Race a Lamborghini SuperleggeraAvg Rating of: 5(2)From: $493
- Private Dinner Cruise (for 2+)Avg Rating of: 4-half(20)From: $211
- Indoor SkydivingAvg Rating of: 5(1)From: $64
- Zipline Canopy TourAvg Rating of: 5(1)From: $81
- Sunset Sailing CruiseAvg Rating of: 5(4)From: $300
- Scenic Glider RideFrom: $255
- All Austin Experiences
"Our tour visited 6 locations (restaurants and food trailers) on South Congress Avenue in Austin, TX. The weather was brisk, but not bad for January, and we enjoyed the relatively short walk over 3 hours. Our guide was personable, and the selections were good. Since we are local, we had visited some of the locations before, so this would be even better for out-of-town visitors or those new to Austin. It was an enjoyable way to spend a Sunday morning. Thank you to Austin Eats Tour Company, and to Cloud 9 Living for facilitating the booking."
"Had a really great time, fantastic guide, great food, a truly unique experience."
"Cool, rainy day. Guide did a great job of "rolling with the weather", pointing out restrooms & providing umbrellas. Good choice of eateries--especially handy for tourists staying downtown,"