Stunts & Special Effects (for 2+)
- Private hands-on 5 hour class with award winning director and Hollywood Special Effect Coordinator, Steve Wolf
- Workshop teaches: intro to pyrotechnics, safety, how to rig, rappel, make rain & smoke, bullet hits, fire and more
- Get fully immersed in an interactive playground where you are the stunt & special effects coordinator
Ever wonder how stunt men and women stay safe when they're on fire, crashing through windows, or jumping from tall buildings? It seems like magic - but it's really science!
Steve Wolf, Hollywood Special Effect Coordinator, and his staff will show you how mechanics, kinetics, heat, electronics, optics, physics, chemistry, engineering, mathematics, computers, and safety used to create movies stunts and special effects.
During your Private Stunt & Special Effects Workshop you'll learn basic techniques, like an introduction to pyrotechnics, safety procedures, how to rig, rappel, and make smoke, bullet hits, fire and more.
You will be immersed in an interactive playground where you become a stunt & special effects coordinator, having fun while learning valuable science and safety concepts.
This is an intensive hands-on program, designed as an important first step in a career in movie making, yet certainly an awesome experience for anyone!
Steve Wolf has worked on the following:
- The Firm
- The Jungle Book
- Crocodile Dundee II
- Cast Away
- A Time to Kill
- Hustle & Flow
- Fast Food Nation.
He's worked for ABC, CBS, NBC, FOX, HBO, Disney, Paramount, Warner Bros, and more.
Participants must be 18 years of age. Please contact us for groups larger than 5.
10am - 3pm
For Private Groups of 2, 3, 4 or 5.
This experience is weather dependent. Always contact the Experience provider with any questions regarding weather conditions.
What to Wear:
Sturdy footwear, long pants and shirt made of natural fibers, no Rayon or Polyester. Make sure to bring water, sun screen, brimmed hat and a bathing suit and towel if you want to take a dip in the pool afterward.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 21 days in advance.
Once you have received a booking confirmation, cancellations and rebooking are allowed up to 14 days prior to the Experience. Failure to appear on your booked date or to cancel and rebook at least 14 days prior to your booked date will result in the loss of the value of your Experience.
Other Austin Experiences:(View all 42 Austin experiences)
- Learn to FlyFrom: $260Avg Rating of: 4-half(1)
- Sunset Sailing CruiseFrom: $210Avg Rating of: 5(2)
- Private Dinner Cruise (for 2+)From: $240Avg Rating of: 5(10)
- Golf Lesson with a PGA ProFrom: $129
- Playing Lesson with a PGA ProFrom: $180Avg Rating of: 4(1)
- Tandem Hang Gliding FlightFrom: $279Avg Rating of: 4-half(6)
- Learn to Hang Glide ClassFrom: $120Avg Rating of: 4-half(1)
- Scenic Glider RideFrom: $195
- Learn to Fly a GliderFrom: $225
- All Austin Experiences
- Gift Certificates
"We had a BLAST learning how to electronically detonate pyrotechnics, water cannons, squibs, and fireballs. We definitely recommend this experience for anyone who'd like to get a front seat to special effects the way they're done in the movies!"
"Shooting a real fireworks show was the most intense and exciting experience I've ever had! It shook me in and out, and I'm hooked."