Tandem Hang Gliding Flight
Meet in Granite Shoals, TX or Smithville, TX
May - October:
Weekday Mornings and Evenings
*Typically around 9:00 AM and 8:00 PM
- Pilot is certified by the U.S. Hang Gliding Association and has over 20 years experience
- Tandem flight includes a 30 day USHGA membership and orientation to hang gliding control
- Enjoy breathtaking views of the Texas countryside from up to 2,000 feet during your tandem flight
- Embrace the aeronautical freedom of this serene form of flight
A custom designed light sport aircraft will tow you and your U.S. Hang Gliding Association certified instructor safely into the air.
When an altitude of nearly 2,000 feet is reached the tow rope is left behind and you are free to fly!
A tandem discovery flight will open a new world of fun as you float though the sky on a sunny Texas afternoon.
Your pilot has been hang gliding for over 20 years and competes nationally and internationally in cross country and speed gliding events and has organized regional and national competitions.
He was elected Regional Director for the Texas and Louisiana USHGA chapter along with being a member of the USHGA board of directors for six years.
If you have ever had dreams of flight, you will enjoy the experience of hang gliding!
- Participants must weight no more than 230 pounds
- Provider is a member of the United States Hang Gliding Association
2 hours total with approximately 20 minutes of flight time.
1 per flight.
Allowed, you may sit in on the classroom session and watch the hang glider take off.
This experience is weather dependent. Always contact the Experience provider with any questions regarding weather conditions.
What to Wear:
Wear comfortable clothing that can get wet.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 14 days in advance.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9 Living's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have scheduled a date and received a booking confirmation, no refunds will be given. Rescheduling is allowed up to 14 days prior to your experience, failure to appear on your booked date or to reschedule at least 14 days prior to your booked date will result in the loss of the value of your experience. In the event your experience is canceled due to inclement weather you will reschedule your experience directly with your experience provider.
What should I bring?
All hang gliding equipment that is needed is provided.You should come prepared to spend the time in the great outdoors in Texas.Bring lots of water, and wear footwear such as hiking boots that will support your ankles.
Other Austin Gift Ideas:(View all 38 Austin experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Learn to FlyAvg Rating of: 5(7)From: $243
- Learn to Fly a HelicopterAvg Rating of: 5(1)From: $225
- Race a Ferrari 430 ScuderiaFrom: $493
- Race a Lamborghini SuperleggeraAvg Rating of: 5(2)From: $493
- Private Dinner Cruise (for 2+)Avg Rating of: 4-half(20)From: $211
- Indoor SkydivingAvg Rating of: 5(1)From: $64
- Scenic Glider RideFrom: $255
- Action Hero TrainingFrom: $250
- Learn to Hang Glide ClassAvg Rating of: 3-half(2)From: $149
- All Austin Experiences
"the time in the air was too short it was less than the 20 min maybe the wind or the other 3 waiting to go up would have liked a longer ride all the staff were great - patient and encouraging the ride was awesome to say the least"
"During my hang gliding experience I felt very safe in the hands of my pilot. The description of the experience could have been more specific as the real experience was somewhat different than what I expected. A more specific description of my experience: You will meet your pilot at the city park in Granite Shoals where you will be put into a passenger sling on the hang glider. Your boat will take you to the middle of Lake LBJ where the pilot will enter his sling and instruct you to hang onto his sling while he pilots the hang glider. The boat will tether you until you reach altitude. This process takes about 5 to 10 minutes. The tether will be released and you will fly, untethered, about 5 to 10 minutes. You will have a water landing so dress accordingly."
"I had a wonderful time and it was so exciting to be soaring through the air. Experience of a lifetime!"