US Sailing Basic Keelboat Course
Lake Travis; Austin, TX
Year Round; By Appointment
Group instruction consist of two full weekend sessions, scheduled 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM, Saturday and Sunday, the first two weekends of each month.
Private instruction is taught in four days, custom schedule to meet to student's needs.
- This course is designed to provide new sailors with a foundation on which to build future sailing skills
- Receive a U.S. sailing certification upon completion.
- Certified instructors and a school with more than 40 years of teaching experience
- Class is taught aboard a 23 monohull sloop
For the person who has always wanted to learn to sail, but never had any formal training, this is the experience for you!
This course is designed to provide the new sailor with a foundation on which to build future sailing skills. Upon completion of this course, you will be able to responsibly skipper in familiar waters with light to moderate wind and sea conditions.
The class is taught aboard a 23' monohull sloop. Among other abilities, you will learn parts of the boat, sailing terminology, knots, rigging the boat, leaving and returning to the dock, points of sail, safety procedures, sailing a course, maneuvering and securing the boat.
Once you complete the course, you'll be able to confidently sail for relaxing outings on the water.
Upon completion of the course, participants will receive US Sailing Keelboat Certification. Established in 1898, US Sailing is a non-profit, volunteer organization, which serves as the national governing body of the sport of sailing.
Price includes sailboat, instruction, books, and certification.
Instruction consists of 4 six-hour days.
This experience is weather dependent. Always contact the Experience provider with any questions regarding weather conditions.
What to Wear:
Dress for weather. Remember that it may be a bit cooler on the water. You may also want to wear a hat, sunglasses, and bring sunscreen for protection from the sun. Please no dark soled shoes. Don't forget your camera!
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 14 days in advance
Once you have received a booking confirmation, cancellations and rescheduling are allowed up to 14 days prior to the Experience. Failure to appear on your booked date, cancel, or reschedule at least 14 days prior to your booked date will result in the loss of the value of your Experience.
Other Austin Gift Ideas:(View all 40 Austin experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Learn to FlyAvg Rating of: 5(8)From: $243
- Learn to Fly a HelicopterAvg Rating of: 5(1)From: $225
- Race a Ferrari 430 ScuderiaFrom: $493
- Race a Lamborghini SuperleggeraAvg Rating of: 5(2)From: $493
- Private Dinner Cruise (for 2+)Avg Rating of: 4-half(20)From: $211
- Indoor SkydivingAvg Rating of: 5(1)From: $64
- Zipline Canopy TourAvg Rating of: 5(1)From: $81
- Sunset Sailing CruiseAvg Rating of: 5(4)From: $300
- Scenic Glider RideFrom: $255
- All Austin Experiences