Paddle and Brewery Tour
June through October:
Select dates - 10:00 AM
Click here for schedule
- Guiding outdoor enthusiasts for over 35 years your experience will be led by a certified American Canoe Association instructor
- Kayak or canoe the Monocacy River, the second largest tributary of the Potomac
- Picnic lunch included
- Visit Barley and Hops Microbrewery for appetizers and to sample a flight of their delicious brews!
Spend an afternoon paddling the Monocacy River and relaxing with a flight of cold beer on the Paddle and Brewery Tour!
Paddle by canoe or kayak 5.8 miles along the Monocacy River, the second largest tributary of the Potomac. Enjoy easy cruising along this gentle stretch of river surrounded by nature with only a few riffles and ledges to break up the calm waters. Take views of lush farm fields, wooded bluffs and Catocin Mountain along the way.
After your paddle visit Barley and Hops Microbrewery where you will not only tour the brewery, but learn about the brewing process from Master Brewer William Golden. His knowledge and expertise along with the aromas of the barley and hops will captivate you.
To wrap up this fun day you will have a chance to relax either on the covered patio or indoors for a sampling of their tasty brews. Enjoy appetizers such as mozzarella cheese sticks, onion rings and a veggie platter.
- Participants must be at least 21 years of age
- Includes canoe or kayak rental
- Picnic lunch included: choose from either a veggie, ham or chicken sandwich with chips and seasonal fruit
- A water bottle is highly recommended as water is not included
10:00 AM: Check in at the Monocacy Aqueduct Parking lot
10:30 AM: Depart for river put-in
2:00 PM: Take off the water, change from river shoes into and drive to brewery (sandals are not permitted in brewery due to OSHA law)
2:30 PM - 4:30 PM: Brewery Tour, kick back and enjoy appetizers and a flight of beer!
Up to 30 participants
This experience is only for those on the tour.
This experience is weather dependent. Always contact the experience provider with any questions regarding weather conditions.
What to Wear:
Please dress appropriately for expected weather conditions. It is recommended to wear a bathing suit in warmer weather and to wear layers in cooler weather. Jeans and cotton shirts are not recommended. Bring a dry change of clothes, a towel, sunscreen, sunglasses and a water bottle. Participants must wear closed-toe shoes inside the brewery; sandals are not permitted due to OSHA law.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings 14 days in advance.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9 Living's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have scheduled a date and received a booking confirmation, no exchanges or cancellations are allowed. Rescheduling is allowed up to 72 hours prior to the experience. Failure to appear on your booked date or to reschedule in accordance with these terms will result in the loss of the value of your experience.
What is the itinerary?
10:00 AM: Meet the group at the river take-out
10:30 AM: Depart for river put-in
2:00 PM: Take off the water, change from river shoes into closed-toe shoes and drive to brewery (sandals are not permitted in brewery due to OSHA law)
2:30 PM - 4:30 PM: Brewery Tour to kick back and enjoy the beer!
Is beer included at the brewery?
Yes, you will receive a flight of beers.
What should I wear?
Please dress appropriately for expected weather conditions. It is recommended to wear a bathing suit in warmer weather and to wear layers in cooler weather. Jeans and cotton shirts are not recommended. Participants must wear closed-toe shoes inside the brewery; sandals are not permitted due to OSHA law.
What should I bring?
It is recommended to bring a dry change of clothes, a towel, sunscreen, sunglasses and a water bottle.
Other Baltimore Gift Ideas:(View all 41 Baltimore experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Learn to FlyAvg Rating of: 5(14)From: $130
- Fly a HelicopterAvg Rating of: 5(5)From: $330
- NASCAR Ride Along - DoverAvg Rating of: 4-half(5)From: $130
- NASCAR Drive - DoverAvg Rating of: 5(2)From: $499
- Baltimore Harbor Dinner CruiseAvg Rating of: 4(11)From: $99
- Baltimore Harbor Lunch CruiseAvg Rating of: 4(5)From: $62
- Baltimore Harbor Brunch CruiseFrom: $67
- Chesapeake Bay Sailing CruiseAvg Rating of: 5(10)From: $70
- Ultimate Zip Line Adventure CourseFrom: $63
- All Baltimore Experiences
"I had a great time on the kayaking trip and enjoyed the brewery tour and tasting! The directions to the site were clear and once on the water, my guides were fantastic! I enjoyed my trip very much!"
"I purchased the paddle and brew your for my husband as his 30th birthday present while I was on bed-rest with our second child. I wanted something fun for us to do together as a couple once the baby was born and I was strong enough again. ( but also not too far away from our infant). We had never paddled the Monacacy and It was a great experience! The river and rapids were great for all levels of experience. Our guides were knowledgeable and enthusiastic. The brew tour and beer at the end was perfect in a hot day! Thank you for a great birthday present for my husband and great memories."