Private Balloon - Eastern Shore
Monday through Friday - Sunrise or Sunset
Saturdays & Sundays - Sunset
- Floating through the sky while sipping on champagne is the perfect gift for someone you love
- 360-degree views of the Chesapeake Bay, corn fields, nearby rivers and treetops
- Your Federal Aviation Association certified pilot has more than 16 years of experience
- A magical experience you will always remember
There is nothing more romantic and exhilarating than floating over the Eastern Shore on a Private Hot Air Balloon Ride!
Take part in the action and assist the crew with inflating the balloon or sit back and relax as you watch the balloon take shape.Once you are up in the air, marvel at the wildlife, farmlands and tree tops of the Eastern Shore.
From the thrill of lift-off to your last sip of champagne upon landing, you will be treated to an experience leaving you with a lifetime of memories.
Step aboard for a magical sensation as you share a romantic Private Hot Air Balloon Ride with the one you love!
- Participants must be at least 42" tall
- Not recommended for women beyond the first trimester in pregnancy
This experience lasts about 3 hours with approximately 1 hour of flight time.
2 per balloon
Friends and family are allowed to come and watch the balloon take-off and land.
This experience is weather dependent. In the event your experience is canceled due to inclement weather you will reschedule directly with the experience provider. Always contact the experience provider with any questions regarding weather conditions.
What to Wear:
Wear comfortable clothing appropriate for expected weather conditions and closed-toe shoes. Sunglasses and a brimmed hat are recommended.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 30 days in advance.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9 Living's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have scheduled a date and received a booking confirmation, no refunds will be given. Rescheduling is allowed up to 7 days prior to your experience, failure to appear on your booked date or to reschedule at least 7 days prior to your booked date will result in the loss of the value of your experience. In the event your experience is canceled due to inclement weather you will reschedule your experience directly with your experience provider.
How high, how fast, and how far will we fly?
Hot air balloons travel with the wind at an approximate altitude of 1,000 feet above ground, generally not much faster than 8 - 10 MPH. The distance the balloon will travel depends on the speed of the wind as well as the duration of the flight.
Where will I land?
Balloons travel with the wind and cannot be steered. Pilots may, however, change directions by ascending or descending to pick up varying wind directions at different altitudes. Crew members that assisted with setting up the balloon will follow your journey on the ground; this is called a balloon chase.
How does a balloon work?
Hot air balloons fly because the air inside of the balloon is hotter than the outside air. By using propane fueled burners the air is heated causing the balloon to ascend. To descend, the air inside the balloon must be cooled by either letting the envelope cool on its own or by opening the vent at the top of the envelope to let some of the hot air out. Throughout a flight, the pilot will use a combination of heating and cooling the balloon to ascend and descend. When it is time to land the top of the envelope is opened completely to let all of the air out and deflate the balloon.
What should I wear?
Dress appropriately for expected weather conditions. The temperature during flight will be similar to the temperature on the group. Hats and sunglasses are recommended.
Other Baltimore Gift Ideas:(View all 41 Baltimore experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Learn to FlyAvg Rating of: 5(17)From: $130
- Fly a HelicopterAvg Rating of: 5(5)From: $330
- NASCAR Ride Along - DoverAvg Rating of: 4-half(5)From: $130
- NASCAR Drive - DoverAvg Rating of: 4-half(3)From: $499
- Baltimore Harbor Dinner CruiseAvg Rating of: 4(11)From: $99
- Baltimore Harbor Lunch CruiseAvg Rating of: 4(6)From: $62
- Baltimore Harbor Brunch CruiseFrom: $67
- Chesapeake Bay Sailing CruiseAvg Rating of: 5(11)From: $70
- Ultimate Zip Line Adventure CourseFrom: $63
- All Baltimore Experiences