Harpers Ferry, WV
April through Mid-November:
Monday through Friday - 9:00 AM & 11:00 AM
Saturdays & Sundays - 9:00 AM
Paddle through Class I-III whitewater rapids as you raft down the Shenandoah and Potomac Rivers while enjoying the surrounding beauty of the Blue Ridge Mountains!
- Experienced outfitter guiding rafting trips for over 35 years
- Float by Harpers Ferry National Historical Park
- The 6.5-mile long trip takes you through 3 states
- Riverside picnic lunch included
- Travel on the Shenandoah and Potomac River through Maryland, Virginia and West Virginia!
Enjoy this half-day guided Class I-III Whitewater Rafting trip, perfect for introductory whitewater fun. Travel on 2 rivers through 3 states (Maryland, West Virginia and Virginia) for an unforgettable rafting adventure!
Picture yourself zooming through whitewater and paddling like mad to avoid an oncoming rock formation. Water is rushing all around your face and you can just barely find the line to cut through to the other side before you're at it again.
Experienced guides will show you the best routes through the rapids while entertaining you with river lore. Float by the historic town of Harpers Ferry while you listen to stories of events leading to the Civil War. When you're not rafting, soak up the sun as you enjoy a picnic right on the river!
- Participants must be at least 7 years of age and 50 pounds
- Includes riverside picnic, guide in each raft, shuttle and equipment
- Wetsuits are available for spring or fall trips with prior notice
2 - 4.5 hours depending on water level
Up to 6 people per raft
This experience is only for those on the adventure.
This experience is weather dependent. Always contact the experience provider with any questions regarding weather conditions.
What to Wear:
It is recommended to wear a bathing suit in warmer weather and to wear layers in cooler weather. Jeans and cotton shirts are not recommended. Wetsuits are available for spring or fall trips with prior notice.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings 14 days in advance.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9 Living's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have scheduled a date and received a booking confirmation, no exchanges or cancellations are allowed. Rescheduling is allowed up to 72 hours prior to the experience. Failure to appear on your booked date or to reschedule in accordance with these terms will result in the loss of the value of your experience.
Are there any age or physical requirements?
All participants must be at least 7 years old and weigh at least 50 pounds.
Do I have to wear a life vest?
Yes, you are required to wear a life vest at all times. Not only does this add another layer to keep you warm, it also keeps you floating should you decide to leave the boat mid-trip. You will be provided with a life vest the day of so please do not bring one with you.
Can I bring my camera?
You are welcome to bring your camera, but keep in mind it will get wet. It is recommended to bring a waterproof camera with a sturdy strap.
How many people will be in each raft?
There are typically 4-6 people per raft plus a guide.
Do I need to know how to swim?
No, there is an experienced guide on each raft and all participants are required to wear a life vest.
Other Baltimore Gift Ideas:(View all 41 Baltimore experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Learn to FlyAvg Rating of: 4-half(11)From: $130
- Fly a HelicopterAvg Rating of: 5(5)From: $330
- NASCAR Ride Along - DoverAvg Rating of: 4-half(5)From: $130
- NASCAR Drive - DoverAvg Rating of: 5(2)From: $499
- Baltimore Harbor Dinner CruiseAvg Rating of: 4(11)From: $99
- Baltimore Harbor Lunch CruiseAvg Rating of: 4(5)From: $62
- Baltimore Harbor Brunch CruiseFrom: $67
- Chesapeake Bay Sailing CruiseAvg Rating of: 5(9)From: $70
- Ultimate Zip Line Adventure CourseFrom: $63
- All Baltimore Experiences
"Great time was had by all. Thank you!"
"All of the people working at River and Trail Outfitters were extremely friendly. Our guide, David, was awesome! Overall, it was a great experience for a first timer and I would do it again in a heartbeat. "
"Excellent experience, in particular Guide llyson was knowledgable, safety conscious, discussed in advanced what was going to happen, what the plan was, and was thorough in everything we did. The only questionable person was the photographer. He never clarified what was going to happen after the event, how to get pictures, how much etc. it seemed disorganized. Excellent experience, good lunch, bus service was even nice."