Paddle through class I-III whitewater rapids as you raft down the Shenandoah and Potomac Rivers while enjoying the surrounding beauty of the Blue Ridge Mountains.
- Licensed guides with more than 40 years of experience
- Float by Harpers Ferry National Historical Park where guides will provide history on the events leading up to the Civil War
- The 6.5-mile long course takes you through 3 states
- Picnic on the river included
You're zooming through whitewater and paddling like mad to avoid an oncoming rock formation. Water is rushing all around your face and you can just barely find the line to cut through to the other side before you're at it again.
Enjoy this half-day guided Class I-III whitewater trip, perfect for introductory whitewater fun in an area rich in history! You'll travel on 2 rivers through 3 states (Maryland, West Virginia, and Virginia) on an unforgettable rafting adventure.
Your experienced guides will show you the best routes through the rapids while entertaining you with river lore. You'll float by the historic town of Harpers Ferry while hearing stories about events that led to the Civil War.
A tasty riverside picnic is included on this introductory whitewater adventure.
So close to the nations capital, this is a whitewater adventure you don't want to miss!
Must be 7 years of age or a minimum of 50 lbs.
2 - 4.5 hours depending on water level
Up to 6 people per raft
This experience is only for those on the adventure.
This experience is weather dependent. Always contact the Experience provider with any questions regarding weather conditions.
What to Wear:
Wear a bathing suit or shorts; it is not recommended to wear jeans or cotton shirts. A wetsuit can be rented at time of check-in for $14.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings 14 days in advance.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have scheduled a date and received a booking confirmation, no exchanges or cancellations are allowed. Rescheduling is allowed up to 72 hours prior to the Experience. Failure to appear on your booked date or to reschedule in accordance with these terms will result in the loss of the value of your Experience.
Do I have to wear a life vest?
Yes, you always have to wear a life vest. Not only does this add another layer to keep you warm, it also keeps you floating should you decide to leave the boat mid trip. You will be provided with a life vest the day of, so please do not bring one with you.
Should I bring my camera?
Like you, your camera will get wet. It is suggested if you bring a waterproof camera to have a sturdy strap.
How many people to a raft?
There are typically 4-6 people plus a guide.
Do I need to know how to swim?
No, there is an experienced guide on each raft and all participants are required to wear a life vest.
Other Baltimore Experiences:(View all 44 Baltimore experiences)
- Stock Car Ride AlongFrom: $119Avg Rating of: 5(13)
- Drive a Stock CarFrom: $429Avg Rating of: 5(15)
- Ride & Drive a Stock CarFrom: $509Avg Rating of: 5(10)
- Learn to FlyFrom: $155Avg Rating of: 3-half(2)
- Fly a HelicopterFrom: $360
- Chesapeake Bay Sailing CruiseFrom: $85Avg Rating of: 5(3)
- Baltimore Harbor Lunch CruiseFrom: $75Avg Rating of: 3(2)
- Baltimore Harbor Dinner CruiseFrom: $99Avg Rating of: 4-half(3)
- Hot Air Balloon - Eastern ShoreFrom: $285
- All Baltimore Experiences
- Gift Certificates