In this first quarter of 2016, we’d like to recognize Exotics Racing for our Supplier Spotlight! Exotics Racing has been a valued partner of ours for seven years, providing legendary racing experiences to over 2,000 happy Cloud 9 Living customers! They started out at the Las Vegas Motor Speedway in 2009, and after five successful years a second location was opened at the Auto Club Speedway in Fontana, California. Over the years they have become the top-rated racing attraction in both Las Vegas and Los Angeles.
During our time working together, Exotics Racing has always provided excellent customer service and unforgettable experiences to our customers. We’re proud to call them one of our experience providers!
About Exotics Racing:
Exotics Racing is the premiere supercar track-driving experience that offers the world’s largest fleet of exotic cars. Founded in 2009 by longtime friends and racing partners Romain Thievin and David Perisset, Exotics Racing has now provided racing instruction and driving experiences to more than 200,000 participants from over 60 different countries.
Interview with Exotics Racing on opening a second location:
- How long has Exotics Racing been in Las Vegas? Exotics Racing opened its first location in Las Vegas in 2009 with just five cars and a handful of staff. The premise was simple: to deliver their customers the dream of driving an exotic car on a real race track. Since then, Exotics Racing has grown quickly, adding to its fleet of fantasy cars and delivering the dream to tens of thousands of happy customers each year.
- What prompted the idea for opening a new location? After five wildly successful years of sharing a passion for supercars in Las Vegas, the team at Exotics Racing extended their fleet of supercars to Los Angeles and set up a second location at Auto Club Speedway in March 2014. An extensive selection of vehicles is available to choose from at the private track on the grounds of the famed Auto Club Speedway – less than an hour’s drive from downtown Los Angeles.
- Why Auto Club Speedway? It was important for Exotics Racing to choose a location that was easy for customers to access. Auto Club Speedway is only about 45 minutes from downtown LA and just 10 minutes from the Ontario International Airport. Plus, it has a long history of serious racing. Roger Penske was one of the key figures in its development. NASCAR races there; IndyCar has also been featured at Auto Club Speedway. It’s a bonus to us that we give customers the chance to have their Exotics Racing experience on the grounds of such a storied facility.
- What were some of the challenges Exotics Racing faced when first opening in California? It takes time to develop a customer base in any new market, and we are still evolving and adapting our business for Los Angeles. In Las Vegas, for example, we see a lot of bachelor and bachelorette parties. It’s no surprise that our customer profile in Los Angeles isn’t the same. We have done some really fun corporate events in LA, and we find we’re seeing more people local to the area coming to drive the cars.
- What would you recommend to other companies looking to open a new location? Los Angeles is a fantastic place to do business. There are more than 12 million people there, making it the second-largest metropolitan area in the country (behind New York). And it has a fantastic car culture, which is obviously tremendously important to us. People there are very passionate about cars, and that has made us feel at home from day one.
- What is Exotics Racing’s secret to success? But no matter the location, the secret to success for Exotics Racing is the core of the concept: giving drivers the chance to realize a childhood dream of driving an incredible car on a real racetrack.