Newport, Rhode Island
May through October:
Click here for schedule
- Sailing enthusiasts and land-lovers alike will experience a hands-on sailing excursion aboard an America's Cup competitor
- 2-hour private charter with experienced crew members to coach you through racing maneuvers and sailing techniques
- No sailing experience necessary
- Try your hands at the helm or sit back and enjoy some time on the water!
Gather your closest friends and best deck-hands for an exhilarating adventure aboard a real-life America's Cup competitor!
This 2-hour private charter provides the opportunity to try sailing with a very hands on approach. You can assist with hoisting sail and steering the helm or choose to sit back and simply enjoy the wind in your hair as you sail in Newport!
The 70-foot racing contender has room for up to 13 passengers plus crew. Your captain will explain safety instructions and tell you the history of the boat prior to setting sail.
Climb aboard and experience a couple hours of the exhilarating world of America's Cup style sailing with the company of your choice on the 2-hour private charter!
- Crew gratuity is not included, but is appreciated
- Guests should be in good physical condition and able to embark and disembark the vessel
- No sailing experience necessary
- Food and drinks are not recommended on board
There will be a maximum of 13 passengers per boat.
This experience is only for those on the boat.
Sails depart rain or shine unless the captain deems the conditions to be unsafe for sailing. If the experience is cancelled due to inclement weather, you will be able to reschedule for another date. Always contact the experience provider with any questions regarding weather conditions.
What to Wear:
Wear boating or tennis shoes that will not scratch the deck. High heels are no permitted. It is recommended to bring a jacket, as the temperature on the water may be cooler.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings 30 days in advance.
Prior to scheduling a date and confirming a booking for this experience, Cloud 9 Living's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have scheduled a date and received a booking confirmation, no cancellations are allowed. Rescheduling is allowed up to 72 hours prior to your booked date. Failure to appear on your booked date or to reschedule at least 72 hours prior to your booked date will result in the loss of the value of your experience.
Can I assist the crew with sailing the boat?
Yes, you'll have the option to assist the captain and crew with sailing however, if you'd rather sit back and relax you're free to do that as well!
Will I get seasick?
Most passengers do not experience seasickness. America's Cup racing yachts are stable and designed for cutting through waves rather than riding up and over them.
Can I bring food and drinks on board?
It is not recommended to bring food or drinks on board during the 2-hour charter.
Other Boston Gift Ideas:(View all 85 Boston experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Learn to FlyAvg Rating of: 4-half(25)From: $194
- Fly a HelicopterAvg Rating of: 5(14)From: $314
- Indoor SkydivingAvg Rating of: 5(14)From: $55
- Stock Car Ride AlongAvg Rating of: 5(27)From: $149
- Drive a Stock CarAvg Rating of: 4-half(50)From: $199
- Boston Wine TourAvg Rating of: 5(21)From: $70
- South End Food Tasting and Walking TourAvg Rating of: 4-half(9)From: $66
- Boston Dinner CruiseAvg Rating of: 4(15)From: $135
- Gourmet Sunday Brunch CruiseAvg Rating of: 5(1)From: $91
- All Boston Experiences