April - September:
Wednesdays, Fridays, Saturdays & Sundays - 2:00 PM
October - March:
Saturdays & Sundays - 2:00 PM
- Your experienced guide is a beer and American history enthusiast
- You'll travel to over 10 historic sites and 3 taverns on this 2.5 hour tour
- Enjoy delicious beers in the same taverns Boston natives Paul Revere, Samuel Adams and JFK once frequented
- Discover the historic side of the City on a Hill and enjoy brews in a fun, group setting!
On the Boston History and Tavern Tour, you'll enjoy craft beers in city taverns and learn about the Boston Revolutionaries who helped shape American History!
Your experienced guides on the 2.5 hour walking tour are Boston Revolutionary and beer enthusiasts.
You'll visit over 10 sites along the Freedom Trail and stop at taverns that were once frequented by Boston natives Paul Revere, Samuel Adams and John F. Kennedy. Enjoy generous beer tastings at stops on the guided, walking tour.
Learn about Boston's Revolutionary days in a fun, group setting while enjoying the delicious beers of the City on the Hill on the Boston History and Tavern Tour!
- Participants must be 21 years of age with a valid form of identification and sign a liability waiver prior to departure
- You will walk approximately 1 mile during this tour
- Please bring water as it is not provided during the tour
- Tour includes beer tastings at various stops
- Gratuity for your guide is not included but is appreciated if you enjoy the experience
2 - 2.5 hours
You will be joined by other participants with a maximum of 14 per tour.
This experience is for those on the tour.
This experience will take place rain or shine. Tours cancelled due to extreme weather will be rescheduled directly with the experience provider. Please contact your experience provider with any questions regarding weather conditions.
What to Wear:
Wear comfortable clothes and shoes appropriate for walking and for the weather.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 7 days in advance for any summer tours. During the shoulder season, it is recommended to request booking 3 days in advance.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9 Living's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have scheduled a date and received a booking confirmation, all bookings are considered final. Failure to appear on your booked date will result in the loss of the value of your experience.
Are there any age restrictions?
Yes, all participants must be 21 years of age with a valid form of identification, even if they won't be drinking beer.
Are the drinks included?
Beer tastings at various stops are included in the price of this tour. Gratuity for your guide is not included but is appreciated if you enjoy the tour.
How much walking will we do on the tour?
You can expect to walk 1 mile during the 2.5 hour tour.
What should I bring with me?
Participants should bring a valid form of ID, a camera and cash for additional purchases and gratuities for your guide.
Other Boston Gift Ideas:(View all 83 Boston experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Learn to FlyAvg Rating of: 4-half(24)From: $194
- Fly a HelicopterAvg Rating of: 5(14)From: $314
- Indoor SkydivingAvg Rating of: 5(12)From: $55
- Stock Car Ride AlongAvg Rating of: 5(26)From: $89
- Drive a Stock CarAvg Rating of: 4-half(50)From: $289
- Boston Wine TourAvg Rating of: 5(21)From: $70
- South End Food Tasting and Walking TourAvg Rating of: 4-half(9)From: $66
- Boston Dinner CruiseAvg Rating of: 4(15)From: $131
- Gourmet Boston Dinner CruiseAvg Rating of: 4(7)From: $151
- All Boston Experiences
"The Boston History & Tavern Tour was one of the highlights of my week in Boston. Informative as well as fun. Brooke made us feel welcome and she is so well informed, I can't praise her enough."
"I had a Cloud 9 Living gift certificate, and your website made it simple to find an experience for both my husband and I to enjoy. We chose and thoroughly loved our Boston History and Tavern Tour. Our tour guide (Kristen) was friendly, knowledgeable and enthusiastic. The only minor detail we would recommend as a change is if the tour could end closer to where it began. The tour began convenient to parking and public transportation, but ended a bit of a walk away. However, we truly did enjoy the experience and have already recommended both Cloud 9 Living and the Boston History and Tavern Tour to friends and family!"
"Great experience! Brooke was really knowledgeable, energetic, and fun! We learned a ton about the history of places that we walk by almost every day!"