Kendall Square - Cambridge, MA
June - August:
Select Saturdays - 5:30 PM
Click here for schedule
- Serving outdoor enthusiasts for over 30 years
- Explore the waters of the Charles River and enjoy the best skyline view in Boston
- BBQ catered by Redbones Barbecue, providing exceptional barbecue for over 20 years
- No experience necessary!
The Charles River, a Boston landmark, plays host to the famous Head of the Charles Regatta and has been featured in movies such as Good Will Hunting, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind and The River Wild.
The tour begins with an introduction to kayaking, covering basic techniques and safety, before launching for a guided paddle on the Charles River. While exploring, your guide will discuss the river's importance in Boston and Cambridge history.
You'll experience a phenomenal view of the Boston skyline and the Esplanade, as well as other nearby landmarks such as the Zakim Bridge, M.I.T., the Museum of Science and Boston University.
Delicious barbecue, catered by Redbones Barbecue - a Boston tradition for over 20 years, will be awaiting your return to the docks.
The perfect combination of nature, relaxation and food!
- Must be at least 18 years old
- You will be on the water between 1-1.5 hours and will paddle approximately 2-3 miles
- Double kayak, food and beverages are included
- BBQ includes: pork ribs, BBQ chicken, pulled pork, rolls, baked beans, mashed potatoes and coleslaw
2.5 hours total; you will be on the water between 1-1.5 hours.
You will be accompanied by other tour participants, with a maximum of 14 per tour. For groups larger than 4, please contact Cloud 9 Living directly for pricing.
This experience is only for those on the tour.
This experience is weather dependent. In the event your experience is cancelled due to inclement weather, you will reschedule directly with our experience provider. Always contact the experience provider with any questions regarding weather conditions.
What to Wear:
Wear layers of clothing that can be both added on or removed easily. All layers should retain as little water as possible, with your outer shell being waterproof. Cotton clothing is not recommended.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 14 days in advance.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9 Living's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have received a booking confirmation, cancellations and rescheduling are allowed up to 7 days prior to the experience for a 10% administrative fee. Failure to appear on your booked date or to reschedule in accordance with these terms will result in the loss of the value of your experience. In the event your experience is cancelled due to inclement weather you will reschedule directly with our experience provider.
Is there an age requirement for this tour?
All participants must be at least 18 years of age for the Cambridge BBQ Kayak Tour.
What is included?
A double kayak, BBQ food and beverages are included. The BBQ includes pork ribs, BBQ chicken, pulled pork, rolls, baked beans, mashed potatoes and coleslaw.
Other Boston Gift Ideas:(View all 83 Boston experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Learn to FlyAvg Rating of: 4-half(24)From: $194
- Fly a HelicopterAvg Rating of: 5(14)From: $314
- Indoor SkydivingAvg Rating of: 5(12)From: $55
- Stock Car Ride AlongAvg Rating of: 5(26)From: $89
- Drive a Stock CarAvg Rating of: 4-half(50)From: $289
- Boston Wine TourAvg Rating of: 5(21)From: $70
- South End Food Tasting and Walking TourAvg Rating of: 4-half(9)From: $66
- Boston Dinner CruiseAvg Rating of: 4(15)From: $131
- Gourmet Boston Dinner CruiseAvg Rating of: 4(7)From: $151
- All Boston Experiences
"This was my first experience kayaking. Michelle was a wonderful instructor and tour guide, who made me feel very comfortable. "
"Enjoyed the opportunity to kayak on the Charles River. The trip gave me an opportunity to see familiar sites from a different perspective. "
"Guides were excellent -- the timeframe was perfect. The only thing we might change is that if everyone is local (as we all were) maybe a little less time talking about Boston and more time kayaking! Otherwise, excellent."