Fly a Helicopter in Boston
Norwood Memorial Airport - Norwood, MA
Daily - 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM
*Pending pilot's availability
- Fly with a FAA certified and experienced flight instructor
- Includes 30 minutes of pre-flight ground instruction and a 30-minute flight
- Experience hovering, take-off, landing, rearward and sideways flying
- Discover the unparalleled sensation of flying a helicopter!
This is your chance to learn the basics of flying a helicopter with this fun and exhilarating experience!
Take the controls of a Robinson R44 helicopter with an FAA-certified instructor by your side. You'll start out with 30 minutes of pre-flight ground school, learning helicopter safety and how a helicopter flies.
Next it's time to climb on-board and prepare for an experience you'll never forget. During your 30 minutes of flight time, you'll get the chance to take the controls and enjoy the unique sensation of flying a helicopter. Experience hovering, take-off, landing, rearward and sideways flight.
You'll also receive a helicopter pilot logbook to log your first lesson. This experience will leave you full of excitement and lasting memories.
- All passengers must present a valid passport or driver's license
- Combined weight limit for all 3 passengers is 600 pounds; maximum weight per seat is 300 pounds with a height limit of 6'4"
- No bags, with the exception of cameras, will be allowed on your flight
- Participants will be required to sign a liability release form
- Please arrive 15 minutes prior to your scheduled start time
Approximately 1 hour with 30 minutes of ground school and 30 minutes of flight time.
Private one-on-one instruction with your flight instructor and up to 2 passengers.
Friends and family are encouraged to attend and can watch you prepare for your flight, take-off and land!
This experience is weather dependent. In the event of inclement weather, you will reschedule directly with the pilot. Always contact the experience provider with any questions regarding weather conditions.
What to Wear:
Wear closed toe shoes (no flip-flops) and comfortable clothing appropriate for weather conditions.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 7-14 days in advance.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9 Livings's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have scheduled a date and received a booking confirmation, no refunds will be given. Rescheduling is allowed up to 5 days prior to your experience, failure to appear on your booked date or to reschedule at least 5 days prior to your booked date will result in the loss of the value of your experience. In the event your experience is cancelled due to inclement weather, you will reschedule directly with the experience provider.
What happens if the weather is bad?
Instructors will assess the aviation weather forecast for the conditions at 2,000 feet over a 50 mile radius to determine if the flight can proceed.In the event your flight is cancelled due to inclement weather, you will reschedule directly with the experience provider.
What should I wear?
Launch locations are typically field sites and it is recommended to wear weather appropriate footwear as well as clothing. The interior of the helicopter is approximately the same temperature as the inside of a car.
Can I take photos?
Of course! The helicopter offers outstanding visibility for all passengers. It is encouraged to take memorable souvenir shots/video footage!
Can I take a cell phone?
Yes, but all phones need to be switched to off prior to embarking the helicopter.
Is there an age restriction?
Although there is no age restriction, it is recommended that participants are at least 12 years of age.
Other Boston Gift Ideas:(View all 83 Boston experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Learn to FlyAvg Rating of: 4-half(24)From: $194
- Fly a HelicopterAvg Rating of: 5(14)From: $314
- Indoor SkydivingAvg Rating of: 5(12)From: $55
- Stock Car Ride AlongAvg Rating of: 5(26)From: $89
- Drive a Stock CarAvg Rating of: 4-half(50)From: $289
- Boston Wine TourAvg Rating of: 5(21)From: $70
- South End Food Tasting and Walking TourAvg Rating of: 4-half(8)From: $66
- Boston Dinner CruiseAvg Rating of: 4(15)From: $131
- Gourmet Boston Dinner CruiseAvg Rating of: 4(7)From: $151
- All Boston Experiences
"I escorted my 12-year-old granddaughter during her first flight aboard a helicopter -- it was simply fabulous. Brian was the helicopter pilot and showed Sophia how to properly fly and pilot the helicopter -- she was utterly thrilled by the experience. She flew the helicopter the 12 miles into downtown Boston where we flew over the harbor and then up the Charles River while about 500 feet above the ground. She then flew us back to our home in Canton, MA where she flew just above our home while we waved at my wife sitting outside near the pool; we then went back to the Norwood Airport. She will have a lot to tell her classmates about her helicopter piloting experience when school begins early next month. All in all, it was one of the best gifts I could have given her, and she will always remember the great time she had."
"Had a great time. Pilot was experienced, did very logical things to get us up and gave me the controls. I had a blast. He let me play where it was safe, and I may go back."
"I was so happy that I had this experience -- it was everything I hoped it would be! Taylor was wonderful, the facility was clean and professional. They were welcoming and courteous. I would highly recommend Blue Hill Helicopters!"