Fused Glass Pendants Workshop
Mission Hill - Boston, MA
First Saturday of every month - 2:00 PM
Click here for schedule
- Your talented instructor will introduce you to all of the tools, basic glass cutting and kiln forming theory
- Learn different design and color skills as well as an understanding of iridized and dichroic glass
- Create your own one-of-a-kind, vibrant pendant to take home at days end
- This class is designed for beginners and is a great introduction into the art of fusing!
A great introduction into fusing, this class will introduce you to the basic principles behind forming glass in the kiln to create beautiful fused glass pendants.
Your talented instructor will introduce you to all of the tools, basic glass cutting and kiln forming theory. Your creativity will come out as you learn different design and color skills that help to inform your decisions on how to layer your glass before it is fired.
Part of the creative process is introduced when you learn how iridized and dichroic glass affect designing elements when creating your pendants. After your one-of-a-kind piece comes out of the kiln, a staff member will attach a sterling silver bail to hang your pieces.
Step into the glass shop to learn a fun and creative skill with this 4 hour fusing class.
- Participants must be at least 14 years olf
- Tools and suppliers are provided
- No experience necessary
10 students per class
This experience is only for booked participants.
This experience takes place indoors and is not weather dependent.
What to Wear:
Wear clothing made of natural fibers (cotton) and comfortable, closed-toe shoes. You will need eye-wear, a bottle of water and a box labeled with your name to pack your pendant.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings 14 days in advance.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9 Living's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have received a booking confirmation, cancellations and rescheduling are allowed up to 14 days prior to the experience. Failure to appear on your booked date or to cancel and reschedule at least 14 days prior to your booked date will result in the loss of the value of your experience.
What should I wear?
Wear clothing made of natural fibers (cotton) and comfortable closed-toe shoes. Bring a water bottle, a pair of sunglasses and a box labeled with your name to pack your pendant.
Is there food available for purchase?
There is no food available for purchase at the workshop. Please feel free to bring snacks as the duration of the class is 4 hours.
Are there any age requirements?
All participants must be at least 14 years old for the Fused Glass Pendants Workshop.
When should I expect to pick-up my piece?
Because the pieces need to be fired in the kiln, they will not be ready immediately after the class. Please call our experience provider a day prior to picking up your pieces so they can confirm it is ready. Due to the heavy volume of classes, all pieces must be picked up within 2 weeks of your class date. If you need your piece shipped, there is an additional fee of $20.
Other Boston Gift Ideas:(View all 85 Boston experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Learn to FlyAvg Rating of: 4-half(25)From: $194
- Fly a HelicopterAvg Rating of: 5(14)From: $314
- Indoor SkydivingAvg Rating of: 5(14)From: $55
- Stock Car Ride AlongAvg Rating of: 5(27)From: $149
- Drive a Stock CarAvg Rating of: 4-half(50)From: $199
- Boston Wine TourAvg Rating of: 5(21)From: $70
- South End Food Tasting and Walking TourAvg Rating of: 4-half(9)From: $66
- Boston Dinner CruiseAvg Rating of: 4(15)From: $131
- Gourmet Sunday Brunch CruiseAvg Rating of: 5(1)From: $87
- All Boston Experiences
"My daughter and I attended a glass pendant making workshop in Boston. It was a lot of fun with a very good instructor. Am very anxious to see the final products as they are going to be mailed. I hope they look as good as I think they will. Would recommend and would certainly go again. "