Kendall Square - Cambridge, MA
May - September:
Saturdays & Sundays - 2:00 PM
- Serving outdoor enthusiasts for over 30 years
- Take in sites including Nashua Street Park, Zakim Bunker Hill bridge, Charlestown Navy Yard, the U.S.S. Constitution, Boston skyline, Old North Church and the Financial District
- Knowledgeable guide will entertain you with tales and history of Boston and Cambridge
- No kayaking experience necessary!
Experience the thrill of paddling through the Charles River Locks into Boston Harbor! You'll begin with a quick introduction to kayak strokes, then launch and paddle towards the Museum of Science.
Glide through the old locks of the original Charles River Dam (built in 1910), paddle past the Nashua Street Park and under the Zakim Bunker Hill bridge to pass through the current dam and enter Boston's Inner Harbor.
In the Harbor you'll head to Charlestown Navy Yard to view the U.S.S. Constitution, U.S.S. Cassin Young and other ships. Take in the amazing waterfront skyline, the Old North Church and the Financial District.
Finally, enjoy the winding channels at North Point Park for a break to hydrate and eat a snack before heading toward the Esplanade and onward across the Charles River.
- Water will be provided
- Recommended to bring a light snack
- Children must be at least 8 years of age
- Participants under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult
- All participants will be paired up in tandem kayaks
There may be up to 20 participants on this tour.
This experience is only for those booked on the tour.
This experience is weather dependent. In the event your experience is cancelled due to inclement weather, you will reschedule directly with our experience provider. Always contact the experience provider with any questions regarding weather conditions.
What to Wear:
Please dress appropriately for expected weather conditions and bring an extra layer.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 14 days in advance.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9 Living's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have received a booking confirmation, cancellations and rescheduling are allowed up to 7 days prior to the experience for a 10% administrative fee. Failure to appear on your booked date or to reschedule in accordance with these terms will result in the loss of the value of your experience. In the event your experience is cancelled due to inclement weather you will reschedule directly with our experience provider.
Are children allowed on this tour?
Children must be at least 8 years of age for the Boston Harbor Kayak Tour. All participants under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult to pair up with in a double kayak.
Are food and water included?
Your guide will provide water on the tour. However, food is not included and it is recommended to bring a light snack.
Can I choose between a single or tandem kayak?
No, all participants will be paired up in tandem kayaks.
Other Boston Gift Ideas:(View all 85 Boston experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Learn to FlyAvg Rating of: 4-half(25)From: $194
- Fly a HelicopterAvg Rating of: 5(14)From: $314
- Indoor SkydivingAvg Rating of: 5(14)From: $55
- Stock Car Ride AlongAvg Rating of: 5(27)From: $149
- Drive a Stock CarAvg Rating of: 4-half(50)From: $199
- Boston Wine TourAvg Rating of: 5(21)From: $70
- South End Food Tasting and Walking TourAvg Rating of: 4-half(9)From: $66
- Boston Dinner CruiseAvg Rating of: 4(15)From: $135
- Gourmet Sunday Brunch CruiseAvg Rating of: 5(1)From: $91
- All Boston Experiences
"The Boston Harbor Kayak tour was a gift from our kids. My husband was very excited,and I was a mix of excited and scared. Our guide immediately put me at ease and it was an awesome experience! Going from the Charles River thru the locks to Boston Harbor was pretty cool. Loved taking in Boston from that vantage point. Our guide was very knowledgeable, and we learned a bit more history of our beautiful city! I highly recommend this tour!"
"The experience was great. We had a wonderful time, learned a lot, and had a very good experience. When we arrived at the kiosk location, the intake person told us that we needed a photo ID. Since we were going in a kayak we had left all those items in our car in the parking garage so one of us had to trek back to the car. When we approached the same intake person again, we did not need our photo ID, since we were on a pre-booked kayak tour. If we had been running late due to traffic this delay could have disrupted an otherwise stellar day. Looking forward to next year going on the America's Cup boat out of Newport. "
"Fantastic! Great time kayaking down river, through the locks to the Harbor. Our trip was taken during the time the Morgan was docked at the Navy Yard next to the Constitution...quite fine to see two such ships. Guide was friendly, helpful, knowledgeable. I would definitely do this, or a similar, trip again. (One side note: an earlier review mentioned availability of dry bag for valuables/personal effects; not available on our trip, so just be prepared.)"