Intro to Motorcycling
April - September:
Select dates announced on a monthly basis
Click here for schedule
Find out if riding is for you during this Intro to Motorcycling class providing information on safety, how to ride with confidence and tips on gear and motorcycle purchases.
- 1-on-1 private instruction designed for the complete novice
- The course is endorsed by the Motorcycle Safety Foundation and is the precursor to the Basic Riding Course
- Motorcycle, helmet and goggles are included
- Learn all aspects of the motorcycle and how to safely ride!
For the pure novice: A taste of riding without a big investment of time or money. Find out if riding is for you and if you have the basic skills needed for the full Basic Rider Course.
Introduction to Motorcycling is designed specifically for the brand new rider. The 2-hour course is a hands-on, private class introducing you to motorcycling.
Class sizes have a 1:1 student-to-coaching ratio with a MSF certified Rider Coach. The pace is slow, allowing maximum time for coaching, skill development and confidence building.
This class is intended as a precursor to the regular Basic Rider Course. If you are unsure of your abilities, if motorcycling is the right activity for you or if you would like to take a more gradual approach to learning to ride, consider this Introduction to Motorcycling!
- Legal riding gear & helmets
- Locate and operate controls
- Coordinate throttle and clutch
- Straight-line riding
- Motorcycle, helmet & goggles included
- Choose from small, street legal motorcycles: Honda Nighthawk 250s, Kawasaki Eliminator 125s or a Honda Rebel 250s
- A motorcycle permit is not required for this course
- Riders under the age of 18 must have a signed waiver by either a parent or legal guardian
Private instruction for up 2 participants
Friends and family are welcome to come and watch your experience. Don't forget the camera!
This experience is weather dependent. Always contact the experience provider with questions regarding weather conditions.
What to Wear:
DOT-approved motorcycle helmet (helmets are included at no additional charge), goggles or face-shield (goggles are included at no additional charge), over-the-ankle boots, full-fingered motorcycle gloves, long pants and a long sleeve shirt or jacket.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 14 days in advance of intended date of use.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9 Living's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have received a booking confirmation, all cancellations or rescheduling that are more than 10 days prior to the course will be charged a $25.00 fee. Canceling or rescheduling within 10 days of your scheduled date will incur a $100.00 fee. No credits will be issued to students who are late to class, dismissed or voluntarily leave.
Do I need to have a motorcycle permit or license?
A motorcycle permit or license is not required for this experience.
Are there any age restrictions?
All participants must be at least 16 years old. Participants under the age of 18 must have a signed waiver from either a parent or legal guardian.
Do I need to have experience?
No, the Intro to Motorcycling course is designed for beginners.
What is included?
A dirt-bike, a DOT-approved helmet and goggles are included in the price of this experience.
What do I need to wear?
You will need to wear a DOT-approved motorcycle helmet (helmets are included at no additional charge), goggles or a face-shield (goggles are included at no additional charge), over-the-ankle boots, full-fingered motorcycle gloves, long pants and a long sleeve shirt or jacket.
Other Boston Gift Ideas:(View all 85 Boston experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Learn to FlyAvg Rating of: 4-half(25)From: $194
- Fly a HelicopterAvg Rating of: 5(14)From: $314
- Indoor SkydivingAvg Rating of: 5(14)From: $55
- Stock Car Ride AlongAvg Rating of: 5(27)From: $149
- Drive a Stock CarAvg Rating of: 4-half(50)From: $199
- Boston Wine TourAvg Rating of: 5(21)From: $70
- South End Food Tasting and Walking TourAvg Rating of: 4-half(9)From: $66
- Boston Dinner CruiseAvg Rating of: 4(15)From: $131
- Gourmet Sunday Brunch CruiseAvg Rating of: 5(1)From: $87
- All Boston Experiences