City Pier - New London, CT
Late June through early September:
Select Fridays, Saturdays & Sundays - 5:00 PM
Click here for schedule
- Originally built in 1967, the 103-foot Mystic Whaler carries 3,000 square feet of sail and meets all Coast Guard standards for safety
- Explore the scenic waters, lighthouses and coastlines of Fisher's Island Sound as the sun sets
- Casual lobster dinner includes 1 1/4 pound steamed lobster, clam chowder, cole slaw, dinner rolls and dessert
Enjoy a hearty New England Casual Lobster Dinner while you sail into the sunset aboard the tall ship, Mystic Whaler. Built in 1967 and renovated in 1993, the Mystic Whaler measures 83 feet on deck, 103 feet in length and carries 3,000 square feet of sail.
Your voyage will begin with an underway tour of the Thames River overlooked by Fort Trumbull and Fort Griswold. Avery Point and Ledge Light Lighthouses protect it's entrance.
Learn the history of surrounding islands and lighthouses while hauling a line, taking a turn at the wheel or plotting your course.
- Children must be at least 5 years old
- Vegetarian meals are available with advance notice
- Coffee, tea, hot cocoa, lemonade and water are included
- Alcoholic beverages can be brought on board; excessive use is not permitted
- Gratuity is not included, but appreciated if you enjoyed your experience
There will be up to 50 people on this cruise.
Only booked participants will be on the cruise.
This experience will run rain or shine. The Captain and crew are dedicated to providing a safe, enjoyable and memorable sailing adventure in all kinds of weather. In the event of a cancellation due to inclement weather, passengers will receive a 1 year rescheduling certificate.
What to Wear:
Dress is very casual on the Mystic Whaler. Please prepare for warm days, cool nights and a stiff breeze. Bring a swimsuit and beach towel; the boat may anchor for swimming. No special boat shoes are required.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 14 days in advance.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9 Living's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have received a booking confirmation, cancellations and rescheduling are allowed up to 14 days prior to the experience and are subject to a $10 cancellation fee. Failure to appear on your booked date or to cancel and reschedule at least 14 days prior to your booked date will result in the loss of the value of your experience.
Where will we go?
The cruise begins with a narrated tour of the Thames River's historic waterfront, including famous forts and lighthouses. You will then explore the waters of Fisher's Island Sound.
What if it rains?
This dinner cruise will run rain or shine. Tarps are raised over the decks so guests can enjoy the view and stay dry. The captain and crew always strive to provide a fun and memorable sailing experience in any type of weather. In the event of hazardous weather conditions, the captain will make the decision to remain in port until the conditions improve. Passengers' safety and comfort are the number 1 priority.
Will I get seasick?
The Mystic Whaler typically experiences very calm waters and motion comparable to riding in a tour bus. However, there are no motion sickness remedies on board. If you are concerned about your comfort, please choose a method that best suits your needs.
What if I am allergic to shellfish?
Vegetarian and non-shellfish meals are available upon request. Please notify Cloud 9 Living of any food allergies or restrictions upon booking.
Other Boston Gift Ideas:(View all 83 Boston experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Learn to FlyAvg Rating of: 4-half(24)From: $194
- Fly a HelicopterAvg Rating of: 5(14)From: $314
- Indoor SkydivingAvg Rating of: 5(12)From: $55
- Stock Car Ride AlongAvg Rating of: 5(26)From: $89
- Drive a Stock CarAvg Rating of: 4-half(50)From: $289
- Boston Wine TourAvg Rating of: 5(21)From: $70
- South End Food Tasting and Walking TourAvg Rating of: 4-half(8)From: $66
- Boston Dinner CruiseAvg Rating of: 4(15)From: $131
- Gourmet Boston Dinner CruiseAvg Rating of: 4(7)From: $151
- All Boston Experiences
"The crew was AMAZING! We are taking more of our family next year and making it an annual tradition!"
"Absolutely wonderful evening. We WILL be returning again next year. "
"Great way to spend an evening and get some awesome pictures from the Long Island sound!"