Mission Hill - Boston, MA
Daily, by appointment - 9:00 AM to 9:30 PM
- Glass school with 5-star Yelp rating and established partnerships with the Museum of Fine Arts, Boston University and more
- Choice of either a 2-hour glass blowing workshop or a 2-hour flame working workshop, both taught by expert glass artisans
- Indulge in wine and cheese during the 1/2-hour glass blowing demonstration immediately following class
- Take home and cherish a unique piece of art work, specially created just for you!
Looking for a way to spice up the boring old date routine? Heat things up with this private 2-hour glass working class for 2!
For your private, 2-hour workshop, choose between the ancient arts of flame working or glass blowing:
Learn the basics of melting and shaping colorful glass rods in the flame of a stationary propane/oxygen torch. Put your new skills to the test and experiment with making your very own glass figurines and beads.
Learn how to gather molten glass from the furnace, and then control and shape it under the careful guidance of your expert instructor. You will even get to create a unique and vividly colorful glass artifact to take home!
Regardless of the course you choose, you and your significant other will wrap up your experience with a special treat. Immediately following class, you will indulge in some wine and cheese as you enjoy a mesmerizing, 1/2-hour long glass blowing demonstration. Watch as your teacher expertly crafts a unique piece of art for you to cherish and take home. Sit back, relax, and observe a master at work!
If you are looking for a way to heat up your love life, this Romantic Glass-Working Experience is sure to do the trick!
- Participants must be at least 14 years old
- Participants must be at least 21 years old with valid ID in order to participate in wine tasting
- Tools and supplies are provided but please bring a box labeled with your name to store your pieces
- No experience necessary
2.5 hours total time (2-hour class followed by 30-minute demonstration)
2 students per class
This experience is only for booked participants.
This experience takes place indoors and is not weather dependent.
What to Wear:
Wear clothing made of natural fibers (cotton) and comfortable, closed-toe shoes. You will need eye-wear, a bottle of water and a box labeled with your name to pack your creations.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings 14 days in advance.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9 Living's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have received a booking confirmation, cancellations and rescheduling are allowed up to 14 days prior to the experience. Failure to appear on your booked date or to cancel and reschedule at least 14 days prior to your booked date will result in the loss of the value of your experience.
What should I wear?
Wear clothing made of natural fibers (cotton) and comfortable closed-toe shoes. Bring a water bottle, a pair of sunglasses and a box labeled with your name to pack your creations.
Is there food available for purchase?
There is no food available for purchase at the workshop. Please feel free to bring snacks and water. However, wine and cheese will be served immediately following the 2-hour workshop.
When can I pick up my piece?
All work will be fired or annealed overnight and will not be ready to take home on the same day of your class. Please call our experience provider a day prior to picking up your pieces so they can confirm it is ready. Due to the heavy volume of classes, all pieces must be picked up within 2 weeks of your class date. If you need your piece shipped, there is an additional fee of $20.
Other Boston Gift Ideas:(View all 85 Boston experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Learn to FlyAvg Rating of: 4-half(25)From: $194
- Fly a HelicopterAvg Rating of: 5(14)From: $314
- Indoor SkydivingAvg Rating of: 5(14)From: $55
- Stock Car Ride AlongAvg Rating of: 5(27)From: $149
- Drive a Stock CarAvg Rating of: 4-half(50)From: $199
- Boston Wine TourAvg Rating of: 5(21)From: $70
- South End Food Tasting and Walking TourAvg Rating of: 4-half(9)From: $66
- Boston Dinner CruiseAvg Rating of: 4(15)From: $135
- Gourmet Sunday Brunch CruiseAvg Rating of: 5(1)From: $91
- All Boston Experiences
"The glass school was absolutely amazing."
"This was a Christmas gift from our daughter and my husband and I had a great time. We went to the glass flaming class at in Boston and made marbles. Very interesting. Very nice place and everyone was so nice. It was great to do/learn something really different."
"Our glass blowing class was so much fun. Our instructor, Ken, was very knowledgeable and personable. He explained everything up front and had us practice the process with cold poles before we handled the molten glass. We were nervous to work with such insanely hot material, but Ken's helpful manner and awareness of safety issues made it much less nerve-wracking. We made beautiful paperweights and watched him demonstrate a complicated vase and an easier pumpkin. Overall, we were both very happy with the experience, and want to find a glass studio closer to home to continue our new hobby!"