Sunset Clam Bake & Dune Tour
Mid-April through October:
Daily - Approximately 1.5 hours prior to sunset
*Start time varies depending on time of year
- Over 60 years experience providing tours
- Explore Provincetown Cape Cod National Seashore and embrace the landscape through stories and sights
- Visit the area's legendary "dune shacks", pass the remains of the Peaked Hill Life Saving Station and learn the area's history
- Feast at sunset on a traditional New England clambake!
Experience one of the few places on the East Coast where you can sit on the beach and view the sun setting over the water.
Meet in downtown Provincetown to begin a 1-hour narrated tour, via Suburban, through the historic sand dunes and National Seashore Park. After the stunning sunset tour, you will be treated to a traditional New England clam bake dinner served picnic style.
Make your trip to Provincetown extra special with this unique look into the natural beauty of the Cape Cod dunes and the New England tradition of steamed lobster, clams, corn and of course Clam Chowder or Portuguese Kale Soup.
It doesn't get much better than this!
- Picnic is served on a blanket at the beach; there are no tables or chairs
- All tours require a minimum of 4 participants to run
This experience is for booked participants only.
This experience is weather dependent. Always contact the experience provider with any questions regarding weather conditions.
What to Wear:
Dress appropriately for expected weather conditions.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 5 days in advance. All tours require a minimum of 4 participants to run.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9 Living's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have scheduled a date and received a booking confirmation, cancellations and rescheduling are allowed up to 4 days prior to the experience. Failure to appear on your booked date or to cancel and reschedule at least 4 days prior to your booked date will result in the loss of the value of your experience.
Is there a minimum number of participants required?
This tour requires a minimum of 4 participants to run.
Is there an age minimum for children on the tour?
No, all ages are welcome! Children under 6 years of age can travel for free on your lap. Please notify Cloud 9 Living at the time of booking if you plan on bringing any children under 6 years of age.
Where is the food served?
The food will be served as a picnic on a blanket at the beach. There will be no chairs or tables available.
Are there restrooms on the tour?
There is one very small restroom in the office of our experience provider. It is highly recommended to use public restrooms by the main parking lot located around the corner from the office. There are no restrooms out in the dunes.
What should I bring and wear?
You will be traveling in a covered vehicle, so any comfortable clothing is fine. You will stop at a wonderful picture-taking spot, so don't forget your camera!
Other Boston Gift Ideas:(View all 85 Boston experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Learn to FlyAvg Rating of: 4-half(25)From: $194
- Fly a HelicopterAvg Rating of: 5(14)From: $314
- Indoor SkydivingAvg Rating of: 5(13)From: $55
- Stock Car Ride AlongAvg Rating of: 5(27)From: $149
- Drive a Stock CarAvg Rating of: 4-half(50)From: $199
- Boston Wine TourAvg Rating of: 5(21)From: $70
- South End Food Tasting and Walking TourAvg Rating of: 4-half(9)From: $66
- Boston Dinner CruiseAvg Rating of: 4(15)From: $131
- Gourmet Sunday Brunch CruiseAvg Rating of: 5(1)From: $87
- All Boston Experiences
"Lots of fun and informative! Only issue was the menu said a choice of soups, and we were not offered a choice."
"The Cape Cod dune tour and clam bake was fantastic! One piece of miss information was provided, however. We were advised we would have to sit on the beach on blankets but, in fact, very comfortable folding chairs were provided making the experience even more enjoyable. We recommend this experience to anyone who loves the beach, sunset, beautiful vistas, and great food!"
"The clambake we had was a wonderful experience. I grew up spending my summers on Cape Cod, but I've never experienced the Cape like this. Thank you so much!"