North Central State Airport - Smithfield, RI
Mid-April through Mid-October:
Daily - 9:00 AM to Sunset
Imagine yourself in free-fall, 10,000 feet above the Rhode Island countryside, on an electrifying Tandem Skydiving adventure.
- USPA certified instructor leads a 15-minute ground school to start your experience
- Jump from the plane to enjoy 40 seconds of free fall at 120 MPH before your instructor deploys the parachute at 5,500 feet for a breathtaking ride
- An experience you'll never forget!
Jump out of your comfort zone (and an airplane!), for the adrenaline-filled Tandem Skydiving thrill of a lifetime!
As the aircraft reaches your jumping altitude, your instructor tells you it's time. Your heart starts pounding from the adrenaline and excitement as you inch closer to the open aircraft door.
You peer over the edge and then, in a split second, you are on the most exciting ride of your life with an expert instructor at your side.
As you fly through clouds at 120 MPH for 40 seconds, you feel a complete and total sense of freedom not found anywhere else in the world.
To top off the skydive, you'll glide to earth during a serene 5-10 minute ride from 5,500 feet under a parachute built for two. Unwind with incredible views of the beautiful landscape.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Maximum weight is 230 pounds
- Gratuity for your instructor is not included, but is appreciated
- Video and photo package is available for $95/person
- Let your instructor know prior to your jump if you are interested in purchasing this package
Plan on being at the drop zone for 2-3 hours.
1 per jump
Yes! Spectators are welcome to watch from the ground.
This experience is weather dependent. In the event your experience is cancelled due to inclement weather, you will reschedule directly with our experience provider. Always contact the experience provider with any questions regarding weather conditions.
What to Wear:
Please wear sneakers and comfortable clothing appropriate for weather conditions.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 7 days in advance.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9 Living's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have scheduled a date and received a booking confirmation, no refunds will be given. Rescheduling is allowed up to 72 hours prior to your experience with the experience provider directly. Failure to appear on your booked date or to reschedule at least 72 hours prior to your booked date will result in the loss of the value of your experience. In the event your experience is canceled due to inclement weather you will reschedule your experience directly with your experience provider.
Is there a weight limit?
Participants must weigh less than 230 lbs due to FAA and parachute regulations.
Is there an age requirement to participate?
All participants must be at least 18 years of age. There are no exceptions.
What does freefall feel like?
Freefall does not feel like falling, it feels more similar to flying or floating. Some people say it's like windy zero gravity. Freefall will not cause someone to "lose" their stomach like a roller coaster and it rarely bothers those with a fear of heights.
Can I buy a video or photos?
A video and photo package is available for purchase the day of your experience for $95 per person. Please let your instructor know prior to your jump if you are interested in purchasing this package.
Other Boston Gift Ideas:(View all 83 Boston experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Learn to FlyAvg Rating of: 4-half(24)From: $194
- Fly a HelicopterAvg Rating of: 5(14)From: $314
- Indoor SkydivingAvg Rating of: 5(12)From: $55
- Stock Car Ride AlongAvg Rating of: 5(26)From: $89
- Drive a Stock CarAvg Rating of: 4-half(50)From: $289
- Boston Wine TourAvg Rating of: 5(21)From: $70
- South End Food Tasting and Walking TourAvg Rating of: 4-half(8)From: $66
- Boston Dinner CruiseAvg Rating of: 4(15)From: $131
- Gourmet Boston Dinner CruiseAvg Rating of: 4(7)From: $151
- All Boston Experiences
" This was my third time skydiving, second time at this facility. The staff it's wonderful, my tandem guide was GREAT! Overall experience with Cloud 9 Living and Boston skydiving exceeded expectations!! I highly recommend both!!"