Myrtle Beach Speedway - Myrtle Beach, SC
Mid-March Through October:
AM times are typically 8:00 and 10:00
PM times are typically 12:00 and 2:00
Get ready to race like the pros in a real Sprint Cup style NASCAR stock car at Myrtle Beach Speedway. Buckle up and put the pedal to the metal- youre about to experience the thrill of a lifetime!
- Get behind the wheel of full size, Sprint Cup stock cars that have been raced by NASCAR legends like Jimmie Johnson, Jeff Gordon, and Dale Jr.
- Options range from 8 to 32 minutes of racing (dont worry, even 8 minutes is a long time at top racing speeds!)
- No lead car, no pace car, and passing is allowed
- Receive a graduate certificate printed with your top speed!
Have you ever dreamed of being a professional driver? Nows your chance to take the track and get behind the wheel of a real racecar at the Myrtle Beach Speedway!
After a short classroom session, where youll learn vehicle dynamics, racing lines, and safety instructions, you will head out to the track to find your 500 horsepower Sprint Cup stock car waiting.
A crew member buckles you in, checks your radio, and then its time to start your engine! Hear the V8 roar to life as you pull onto the track and prepare for the drive of a lifetime!
Your expert instructor will coach you over the radio as you drive at your own pace, passing slowing cars as you catch them.
Choose from a variety of lap options, but dont be surprised if you leave wanting more!Add a Ride Along
Select one of our options that includes a 3 Lap Ride Along and let a professional driver show you the full potential of these amazing racecars as he takes you on the ride of your life! The perfect addition for any Driving package!
About Myrtle Beach Speedway
Built in 1958, the Myrtle Beach Speedway is a semi-banked, asphalt, D-shaped, oval that spans 0.538 miles. Currently the speedway is host to the NASCAR Whelen All-American Series, and is a popular training spot for Dale Earnhardt Jr. and Jeff Gordon. Get ready to experience the thrills of Myrtle Beach Speedway like you never have before!
- Participants must be a minimum of 5'0'' and 100 lbs in order to participate, and a maximum of 6'7" and 280 lbs
- Participants must be in good overall physical condition
- A valid driver's license is required
- Participants under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent of legal guardian who must sign a consent form
- Vehicles are manual transmission (stick shift), however the crew is happy to assist you if you need a little help
- Pricing includes a $35 drivers fee that covers accidental insurance coverage, souvenir racing license and ear buds
- Feel free to bring snacks and non-alcoholic beverages
- Some seating is provided, however, it is recommended to bring lawn chairs to guarantee a seat for any spectators
All driving experiences are completed within 3 hours.
1 per car
Yes, we encourage you to bring family and friends, and don't forget the cameras!
If we have inclement weather and have to cancel, you may either reschedule for another available date or be issued a gift card that you can use to reschedule at your convenience. A refund will not be issued due to rainouts.
What to Wear:
Comfortable, casual clothes depending on the time of year as your clothing will be worn under a driving suit. Wear closed toe shoes, tennis shoes are recommended.
For this experience we recommend booking at least 30 days in advance.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have scheduled a date and received a booking confirmation all bookings are final. No refunds or exchanges are allowed once you have scheduled a date. If you need to reschedule, you have up until 30 days prior to your reservation to make changes for a $50 administrative fee. Once you are within 30 days of the event, you are then locked in to that date and time and no changes can be made.
What is the age requirement?
Participants must have a valid drivers license, and participants under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian who must sign a written consent form.
Are there any physical requirements or restrictions?
Participants must be a minimum of 5'0'' and 100 lbs in order to participate, a maximum of 6'7" and 280 lbs, and must also be in good overall physical condition. Participants will be required to climb through a 15'' x 30'' window, that sits 36'' off the ground (with minimal assistance).
Do I have to know how to drive a stick shift?
Yes, the cars you will be driving have a 4-speed racing transmission. If you need a little help, the professionals at the track will be glad to assist you, as it is really quite easy for everyone to drive a race car.
Can I choose which racecar I drive?
No, each participant is assigned to a car based on their height and weight. We cannot guarantee what cars will be at the track each day or what car individuals will be driving/riding in.
What happens if I wreck the car?
The price includes a $35 fee for racing license and liability insurance. This releases you from all vehicle damage.
Is passing allowed?
Yes, if you come up on a slower race car, your Personal Racing Instructor will lead you around the slower group.Passing makes the experience more of an authentic racing experience.
What does the typical day look like?
Following a drivers meeting, training and instruction with a Crew Chief, you'll drive a real Sprint Cup stock car on a Super Speedway for a timed session, depending on the program purchased. There's NO lead car to hold you back and no instructor in the car with you!! You will have constant 2-way communication with your Personal Racing Instructor through our state-of-the-art Racing Electronics in-car radio system. Upon completion, you'll receive a full color, Graduate Certificate with your top speed on it.
What is your policy on rain-outs?
If your experience is canceled due to inclement weather, your experience provider will contact you and either reschedule you for another available date or issue you a gift card that you can use to reschedule at your convenience. A refund will not be issued due to rainouts.
Other Charleston Gift Ideas:(View all 14 Charleston experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Learn to FlyAvg Rating of: 5(4)From: $105
- Gourmet Dinner CruiseAvg Rating of: 2-half(2)From: $65
- Ultimate Zip Line Adventure CourseFrom: $63
- Charleston Cocktail TourFrom: $41
- Charleston Food and Cultural TourAvg Rating of: 5(1)From: $61
- Farm to Table Culinary TourAvg Rating of: 5(1)From: $76
- NASCAR Ride Along - Myrtle BeachAvg Rating of: 5(1)From: $58
- NASCAR Drive - Myrtle BeachAvg Rating of: 5(1)From: $401
- Surf LessonAvg Rating of: 4-half(1)From: $40
- All Charleston Experiences