Charleston Executive Airport - John's Island, SC
Monday through Friday - 10:30 AM to 5:00 PM
Saturday & Sunday - 12:00 PM to 5:00 PM
*Pending pilot availability
- An experienced FAA Certified Flight Instructor will give you an introductory ground school lesson on the principles of flight before take-off
- Take the controls of the Cessna during your approximately 40-minute flight
- No experience necessary
- Enjoy beautiful aerial views of the South Carolina coastline as you experience the thrill of flying!
- For a scenic flight with friends check out our Charleston Scenic Flightexperience!
Enjoy breathtaking views of John's Island as you take the controls of a Cessna, one of the most popular training aircraft in the world!
After a meet and greet with your Certified FAA Flight Instructor and a pre-flight check of the aircraft, you'll climb in and prepare for take-off. You'll be in constant communication with your pilot using a two-way headset.
With the instructor by your side, you'll do most of the flying during the approximately 40-minute flight. After a soft landing performed by the flight instructor, you'll have a post-flight briefing to discuss your flying.
Feel what it's like to be a pilot when you Learn to Fly over beautiful John's Island!
- Students under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian
- Please bring a valid form of ID with you to the airport
- Weight restrictions may apply
Expect to be at the airport for approximately 1.5 hours. The lesson includes check-in, ground school, approximately 40 minutes of air time and a post-flight debriefing.
Spectators are welcome to take photos at the airport and view the take-off and landing.
This experience is weather dependent. Always contact the experience provider with any questions regarding weather conditions. In the event of inclement weather, your pilot will work with you to reschedule your experience.
What to Wear:
Wear comfortable clothing appropriate for weather conditions; flat rubber-soled shoes are recommended.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 14 days in advance.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9 Living's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have received a booking confirmation, cancellations and/or rescheduling is allowed up to 72 hours prior to the experience. Failure to appear on your booked date or to cancel and reschedule at least 72 hours prior to your booked date will result in the loss of the value of your experience.
Do I need flying experience?
No flying experience is necessary. This experience is perfect for the first-time flyer or anyone wanting to master a skill.
What type of aircraft will we be in?
The lesson will take place in a Cessna Aircraft, one of the popular training planes in the world.
What if my flight is cancelled due to weather?
We always recommend contacting your pilot on the day of your experience if you have any concerns regarding weather. In the event your flight is cancelled due to weather you can reschedule directly with your pilot.
Other Charleston Gift Ideas:(View all 14 Charleston experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Learn to FlyAvg Rating of: 5(4)From: $105
- Gourmet Dinner CruiseAvg Rating of: 2-half(2)From: $65
- Ultimate Zip Line Adventure CourseFrom: $63
- Charleston Cocktail TourFrom: $41
- Charleston Food and Cultural TourAvg Rating of: 5(1)From: $61
- Farm to Table Culinary TourAvg Rating of: 5(1)From: $76
- NASCAR Ride Along - Myrtle BeachAvg Rating of: 5(1)From: $58
- NASCAR Drive - Myrtle BeachAvg Rating of: 5(1)From: $401
- Surf LessonAvg Rating of: 4-half(1)From: $40
- All Charleston Experiences
"In a word: awesome! The pilot, Robin, was amazing. Very professional. Very engaging. The only negative would be the person at the reception desk at the airport (Johns Island Executive Airport). She was rude and did notify us of when our Pilot returned from his last flight, resulting in us wasting about 25 minutes. Other than that, it was a very wonderful experience."
"The fight was great, the pilot could not have been more professional. Enjoyed! "
"Amazing! Will never forget this experience!"