zMax Dragway - Concord, NC
Select Tentative Dates:
Sunday - June 25th, 2017
Saturday - October 14th, 2017
- Your experience will start with a safety orientation followed by a quick demo run down the track in the club van
- A crew member will get you belted in and ready to go as you pull a smoky burnout, stage the car and launch from the start line
- Learn from the best - school founded by Drag Racing legend Doug Foley
- If you've always dreamed of driving a dragster, this is your chance!
It's your turn to experience the thrill of driving a dragster!
Your experience starts with a classroom orientation session where you will learn basic safety precautions and operational procedures. Then you'll head out to the track for a quick demo run and a ride down the track with an instructor in the club van.
Now it's time to "start your engines" as a crew member gets you all belted in and ready to go.
As soon as your foot hits the pedal, get ready to leave everyone in the dust as your car accelerates to speeds well over 100 MPH in just seconds!
You will make two, three or four runs (based on the package purchased) with the first run consisting of a long, smokey burnout, launching the car and a 330 foot pass. The distance of your 2nd run will be 1/8 mile.
For those with 3 or 4 run packages, your 3rd and 4th runs will will be the full 1/4 mile distance, and you can expect to hit speeds over 130 MPH!
Bonus Ride Along Options: Choose one of the options with the Bonus Thrill Ride and ride as a passenger in a 2 seat dragster with a professional driver behind the wheel.
About zMax Dragway: The zMax Dragway is a state-of-the-art, 0.25-mile drag racing strip located in the same motorsports complex as the Charlotte Motor Speedway in Concord, North Carolina. It is the only concrete, four lane drag strip in the United States and has been a popular venue for NHRA Drag Racing events since opening in 2008. Dont miss the opportunity to race on this cutting-edge dragstrip!
Racing doesn't get any better than this!
- Available June 25th and October 14th, 2017 only
- Participants must be at least 16 years of age and possess a valid driver's license
- Height requirement is 5'0" - 6'5" tall; weight is 100 - 325 pounds
- Individuals must be capable of getting in and out of the dragster on their own
- Participants are required to sign a Liability Release Form and participants under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian to sign the waiver
Choose from 2, 3 or 4 runs, with or without a bonus Thrill Ride. Your entire experience will last approximately half of the day.
1 per car
Yes, and don't forget to bring a camera!
This experience is weather dependent; however the experience may run on a rain delay. Always contact the experience provider with any questions regarding weather conditions. In the event the experience is unable to run due to weather, the experience provider will reschedule your reservation at no cost.
What to Wear:
Dress comfortably, flat rubber-soled shoes and long pants are required. Layers are recommended for this experience. You will be provided with a racing jacket and helmet.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 30 days in advance.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have scheduled a date and received a booking confirmation, no returns or exchanges are allowed. Any rescheduling prior to 30 days before a scheduled date will be subject to a $50.00 administration fee. No rescheduling will be allowed within 30 days of your confirmed date.
Do I need to know how to drive manual transmission (stickshift)?
No, all of the cars are automatic transmission.
Can spectators sit in on the orientation class?
Other Charlotte Gift Ideas:(View all 28 Charlotte experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- NASCAR Ride AlongAvg Rating of: 4-half(19)From: $130
- Race a FerrariFrom: $388
- Race a LamborghiniFrom: $338
- NASCAR Driving ExperienceAvg Rating of: 4-half(5)From: $499
- Golf Lesson with a PGA ProFrom: $129
- SpaFinder Wellness Gift CertificateFrom: $100
- Scenic Biplane Ride for 2 - Outer BanksFrom: $198
- Coastal Helicopter Tour - Outer BanksFrom: $325
- Private Pottery ClassesAvg Rating of: 5(4)From: $65
- All Charlotte Experiences
"My wife and I had a wonderful time at the Pure Speed Drag Racing Experience in Charlotte, NC at the Z-MAX Dragway. Doug Foley and his family put on a top class event, and they seem to have as much fun as those who booked their event. Hope to be able to do it again some day."
"This was WONDERFUL. I enjoyed every minute. The Pure Speed staff was very helpful and made sure that my experience was more than I could ask for."
"Thank you to Doug Foley and crew. I have waited 36 years to experience driving a dragster (9.94 @ 130 mph) and it was awesome. I would highly recommend this experience. Can't wait to do it again!"