Chicago, IL (Sauganash area)
Group Classes are on Fridays: 8:00pm - 9:00pm
Private lessons are year round pending instructors schedule.
Get involved in a game of "physical chess" and test your strategy and tactics as well as your agility and reflexes with this fencing package.
- Your instructor is a world class coach and Olympian with over 30 years of fencing experience
- This gym is home to an impressive collection of medals including the gold medal from the World Cup Tournament in 2008
- Choose either 1 private lesson or 4 group lessons
Fencing is not only an excellent sport for the body but also for the mind. It provides a great cardio workout, increases speed and reflexes, improves balance and agility. Fencing also teaches strategic thinking and tactical planning, because to win a bout you need not only your physical strength, but your wits as well!
The beginners' classes provide introduction to the sport of fencing for people of any age group and fitness level. During the class you will learn the basic rules of fencing - how to handle your saber, move, attack and defend yourself against your opponent, as well as the rules of scoring points during a bout.
Private lessons allow a student to practice one on one with the coach.This is an ideal time for beginners as they get coach's undivided attention and learn how to fence quickly and effectively.
Equipment is included.
Group classes are once a week on Fridays, one hour each, for 4 weeks. Private Lessons are 1 hour.
Classes have between 6 to 10 participants.
Spectators are certainly welcome. Benches & chairs are available for you.
This experience takes place indoors and is therefore not weather dependent.
What to Wear:
Wear long comfortable pants and athletic shoes.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings 14 days in advance.
Once you have received a booking confirmation, cancellations and rebooking are allowed up to 14 days prior to the Experience. Failure to appear on your booked date or to cancel and rebook at least 14 days prior to your booked date will result in the loss of the value of your Experience.
Why should I buy this experience from Cloud 9 Living?
Customers sometimes ask why they should buy an experience gift from Cloud 9 Living, rather than directly from the experience provider or another company. The answer is simple - WE DO GIFTING RIGHT!
No Risk, No Worries - Gift giving is meant to be fun, not stressful. That's why we've come up with flexible policies like free exchanges, and 30 day refunds.
Best in Class - We vet all our experience providers to ensure your gift recipient is in great hands. We check their years in business, awards, certifications, safety record, and constantly monitor customer reviews. Rest assured, they're AWESOME!
Exchanges - With over 1,800 experiences nationwide, we've got something for everyone. So if your gift recipient decides they'd like to exchange the experience you gave them for another of our 1,800+ amazing experiences - no problem!
Looking to book this experience when you purchase?
No need, give the perfect gift and let them choose their date. If you'd like to buy and book, simply give us a call at (866) 525-6839.
Other Chicago Gift Ideas:(View all 64 Chicago experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Stock Car Ride AlongFrom: $119Avg Rating of: 4-half(20)
- Drive a Stock CarFrom: $519Avg Rating of: 5(9)
- Walking Food Tour of ChicagoFrom: $60Avg Rating of: 4-half(38)
- Golf Lesson with a PGA ProFrom: $129Avg Rating of: 5(1)
- Architectural Kayak TourFrom: $85Avg Rating of: 4(5)
- Sunset PaddleFrom: $75Avg Rating of: 5(2)
- Fly a CessnaFrom: $239Avg Rating of: 5(13)
- Learn to Fly a HelicopterFrom: $405Avg Rating of: 5(4)
- Chicago Lakefront Bike TourFrom: $60Avg Rating of: 5(1)
- All Chicago Experiences