Bucktown & Wicker Park - Chicago, IL
Mid-March through November:
Tuesday through Thursday - 11:30 AM
Fridays - 11:30 AM & 12:00 PM
Saturdays - 11:30 AM, 12:00 PM & 12:30 PM
- Tour providers have been featured in the Chicago Tribune, CNN Travel, and Bon Appetit
- Enjoy 6 food tastings in this artists' colony that evolved into a hidden foodie paradise
- Visit historic "mom and pop" specialty food stores, one of a kind ethnic eateries, and learn about Chicago's rich history and treasured architecture
- Great for both visitors and local Chicagoans!
Your guided and narrated food tour will visit 6 food tasting locations in the artists' colony and culinary favorite neighborhoods of Bucktown & Wicker Park.
As you enjoy the delicious tastings served up along the way, your friendly and knowledgeable guide will offer a glimpse into Chicago's rich history, treasured architecture and will offer dazzling restaurant recommendations.
Learn about Chicago's hidden parks and backdoor venues, and take advantage of the full spectrum of cuisine and cultural offerings the city has to offer. Whether you're a visitor to the city or a local Chicagoan, this tour will help you experience Chicago in a whole new way!You'll enjoy delicious food specialties which may include:
- The #1 rated Chicago-style hot dog stand, established in 1948
- Chicago's top pastry & dessert restaurant
- A gourmet foods & organic grocer
- Middle Eastern food store & falafel deli
- New-Haven style pizzeriea & award-winning brewpub
- California-style gourmet, fresh donuts in dozens of flavors and types, established in 1963
- You'll cover about 1.5 miles of walking through the course of this 3 hour tour
- All tastings are included in the price
- Please note any allergies or dietary restrictions at the time of booking so accommodations can be made
- You will visit 6 different shops that will happily fill most stomachs
What to Bring:
- Participants are urged to bring cameras and camcorders
- During the summer months sunglasses, sun screen, and hats are recommended
- The tour does not finish at the same starting point. Map and return instructions are provided and participants may choose to return to the start by walking, taxi or bus.
You will be joined by up to 20 people on the tour.
This experience is only for those on the tour.
This experience is not weather dependent.
What to Wear:
Wear comfortable clothes appropriate for the weather. You will be walking for 3 hours, so be sure to wear comfortable shoes.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 14 days in advance of intended date of use.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9 Living's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have scheduled a date and received a booking confirmation, all bookings for this experience are final.
How much food is served on the food tour?
The tour serves enough food that for most participants, lunch afterward is not necessary. With the combination of drink and food tastings combined with breaks for architectural, cultural, and historical insight, most participants are comfortably full after our food tours. Please understand the food tour is not intended to replace breakfast and lunch combined, so please consider eating breakfast before the tour.
How much walking is involved? Is it a fast-paced tour?
This tour lasts approximately 3 hours and participants can expect to be standing or walking for a majority of the time. Walking is at an easy to moderate pace and there are at least two resting locations.
Does the tour have anything to offer a native Chicagoan?
A majority of attendees live right here in Chicago. Chicago locals participate to learn about the neighborhoods and the city in which they live in as well as take advantage of knowing the best specialty food store locations and local restaurants in Chicago's tastiest neighborhoods, away from Downtown and traditional tourists.
Does the tour leader accept gratuities?
Gratuities are greatly appreciated, although not mandatory. The standard gratuity in the service industry is 15%.
What if I have dietary restrictions or allergies?
Be sure to note any dietary restrictions at the time of booking so accommodations can be made.
Can I shop during the tour?
It is recommended to allow time at the end of the tour to return to your favorite locations, because there will not be time to shop on the tour. The tours are on a schedule to arrive at each tasting location so its important to stay on schedule so the food is freshly prepared for the participants.
Is the tour wheelchair and baby stroller accessible?
Yes, routes and tasting establishments are wheelchair and baby stroller friendly and accessible.
Are any beverages served on the tour?
There is a drink tasting included in the tour, and water is provided throughout the tour.
Do we only walk around and sample food?
Absolutely not! This tour combines architectural commentary, historical facts, local culture and culinary insight into a unique 3-hour experience. Imagine walking through Chicago eating our local artisans most delicious foods while learning the neighborhoods from real locals.
Does the tour end at the same place we meet?
The tour does not finish at the same meeting point, but your guide will provide a map and directions at the end of the tour.
What happens if it rains or snows?
The tours are held in rain, shine, or snow. If necessary, ponchos will be provided, but be sure to dress according to the weather conditions.
Are bathrooms available during the tour?
Yes, bathrooms are available during the tour at selected food-tasting locations.
Are cameras allowed on the tour?
Yes! Cameras and filming are allowed during the tour.
Is there parking near the tour meeting point?
Yes, specific parking details are included in the meeting location directions found in your booking confirmation email.
Other Chicago Gift Ideas:(View all 72 Chicago experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Fly a CessnaAvg Rating of: 5(28)From: $219
- Learn to Fly a HelicopterAvg Rating of: 5(8)From: $375
- NASCAR Stock Car Ride AlongAvg Rating of: 4-half(28)From: $109
- Drive a NASCAR Stock CarAvg Rating of: 4-half(14)From: $488
- Walking Food Tour of ChicagoAvg Rating of: 4-half(66)From: $50
- Architectural Kayak TourAvg Rating of: 5(12)From: $76
- Sunset PaddleAvg Rating of: 5(4)From: $65
- Golf Lesson with a PGA ProFrom: $129
- Chicago Dinner CruiseAvg Rating of: 3-half(13)From: $136
- All Chicago Experiences
"Jade was so great! Awesome experience."
"Jade was very knowledgeable about the history of the restaurants and neighborhood of Buck Town/Wicker Park. She made the tour. The food at the restaurants left something to be desired. Samples of the food seemed to be the cheapest thing on the menus. We weren't offered seating at 4 of the 6 restaurants."
"Our guide (Kent( was wonderful and very accommodating. It was in the 90s on the day we went, but he made sure we stayed out of the sun and made it so interesting that the heat didn't spoil the experience. I would recommend it in a heartbeat. :) "