Downtown Chicago Segway Tour
April - October:
Daily - 10:00 AM & 2:00 PM
- Great for new arrivals and long time residents alike
- The 3-hour tour begins with a 30-minute segway orientation so everyone feels comfortable
- Highlights include: The Field Museum, Grant Park, Millennium Park, Chicago's Skyscrapers and more
- Truly a great way to explore the 'Windy City'!
This Segway Tour is perfect for both those new to the city and long time residents.
For those new to the city, this tour will offer a fantastic orientation and give you an opportunity to see virtually all of the sites you know from movies, postcards and history. For you veterans, we are positive you will learn facts and stories about Chicago that you have never heard.
Segway-ing is truly the best way to see the 'Windy City'!
- The Field Museum
- Shedd Aquarium and Oceanarium
- Adler Planetarium
- Grant Park & Millennium Park
- The Lakefront/Monroe Harbor
- Chicago's Skyscrapers
- Soldier Field and much more!
Hop on a Segway and have fun exploring the city!
Segway is a registered trademark of Segway Inc.
- Your tour will begin with a 30-minute orientation session that includes practice on the Segways so that everyone feels comfortable and ready to go out and conquer Chicago
- Segway and helmet are provided
- Participants must be at least 12 years old and weigh between 100-260 pounds
- For safety reasons, pregnant women are not permitted to participate
- No alcohol is allowed
Approximately 3 hours.
Up to 8 participants
Only booked participants may go on the tour.
This experience will run in rain or shine. If it rains, ponchos will be provided. However, tours do not operate in lightning and extreme weather conditions so please be sure to contact your experience provider in these situations.
What to Wear:
Casual attire and footwear that is comfortable for standing and expected weather conditions.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings 30 days in advance.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9 Living's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have scheduled a date and received a booking confirmation, no refunds will be given. Rescheduling is allowed up to 72 hours prior to your experience, failure to appear on your booked date or to reschedule at least 72 hours prior to your booked date will result in the loss of the value of your experience. In the event your experience is canceled due to inclement weather you will reschedule your experience directly with your experience provider.
What is a segway?
It is a self balancing, personal transportation device designed to go anywhere people do. Easy to use and operate, the two-wheeled Segway sports high- tech gyroscopes that automatically respond to your body's movements, "sensing" when it should speed up and slow down.
You stand on a small platform between left and right wheels as you hold onto handlebars at a comfortable waist height. The Segway handles the balancing for you, so that you're always upright as you glide through any environment.
Can I take pictures during the tour?
Absolutely, however we recommend that you ask your guide to take your pictures so you can focus on riding and balancing on your Segway.
Are the Segways safe for children?
Although riding a Segway is relatively easy to do and learn, we do require that all riders be at least 12 years of age. Each of tour begins with a 30-minute orientation session to practice on the Segways until everyone feels comfortable.
Do we go inside the Museums and Monuments?
You will not enter the museums and monuments since the Segways are so much fun! They will give you a great orientation and you'll know exactly where you want to go after the tour.
Other Chicago Gift Ideas:(View all 72 Chicago experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Fly a CessnaAvg Rating of: 5(28)From: $219
- Learn to Fly a HelicopterAvg Rating of: 5(8)From: $375
- NASCAR Stock Car Ride AlongAvg Rating of: 4-half(28)From: $109
- Drive a NASCAR Stock CarAvg Rating of: 4-half(14)From: $488
- Walking Food Tour of ChicagoAvg Rating of: 4-half(66)From: $50
- Architectural Kayak TourAvg Rating of: 5(12)From: $76
- Sunset PaddleAvg Rating of: 5(4)From: $65
- Golf Lesson with a PGA ProFrom: $129
- Chicago Dinner CruiseAvg Rating of: 3-half(13)From: $136
- All Chicago Experiences
"We received our Cloud 9 Living experience as a gift, which turns out to be one of the best gifts we have ever received. I would highly recommend. "
"On Aug 22 my wife and I rode the segways for the first time. Our guide was Kyle, which was a great instructor by giving us a lesson on how to ride a Segway. When our tour started around Chicago he was a very knowledgeable guide about the history of Chicago. We had a wonderful time. Thanks for the experience. Doug&Becky Dowley"