Chicagoland Speedway - Joliet, IL
Select Dates Only:
Friday - June 2, 2017
Saturday - June 3, 2017
Saturday - September 23, 2017
Sunday - September 24, 2017
AM times are typically 9:00 AM
PM times are typically 12 PM and 2:30 PM
*Schedule is subject to change
Are you ready to get behind the wheel of a NASCAR style race car? Strap on your helmet, buckle up, and put the pedal to the metal! Its time for the thrill of a lifetime at the Chicagoland Speedway!
- Drive full size, 600 horsepower NASCAR style race cars
- Hit speeds up to 150 MPH!
- Racing suit, helmet, and driving instruction included
- Options range from 8 to 30 laps of racing (dont worry, even 8 laps is a lot at 150 MPH!)
- Receive a graduation pack including a detailed lap time sheet and a certificate with your top speed
Have you ever dreamed of being a professional racecar driver? Now is you chance with the Drive a NASCAR Race Car experience at Chicagoland Speedway!
Your experience will begin with a classroom session where you will learn about safety instruction, racing lines, and vehicle dynamics.
Now its time to climb in and take control of your race car! You'll experience the adrenaline rush only known to professional drivers as you speed away at 150 MPH!
To ensure you get the most out of your driving experience, you'll have your own personal racing instructor riding in the passenger seat, providing you with feedback and coaching via a two-way mic radio system.
Upon completion of your experience, there will be a closing ceremony where youll receive a graduation pack including a detailed lap-time sheet, and an official graduation certificate showing your name, date and estimated top speed reached.About the Chicagoland Speedway
Opening in 2001, Chicagoland Speedway was one of the first motorsports facilities in the Chicago area and is one of NASCARs newer tracks. This 1.5-mile, D-shaped, tri-oval track is known for hosting a number of NASCAR events every year. Get ready to experience Chicagoland Speedway like never before!
- Available June 2nd, 3rd and September 23rd, 24th, 2017 only (subject to change)
- Participants must be in good overall physical condition and must be able to climb through a 15" x 30" wide window that sits 36" from the ground
- Driving suits are available up to size 4XL
- It's recommended to be able to drive a manual (stick shift) transmission, but a push-start is available if needed
- Participants must be at least 16 years old with a valid driver's license
- All participants under 18 must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian
- Photo & In-Car Videos are available for purchase at the track
- Photo prices start at $20 and videos at $49. Prices vary based on lap packages and are subject to change.
- Experience price includes $39 driver's fee that releases the driver from any liability "...for most damage caused to the car resulting from and incident/crash at the track. Only in the event that a driver intentionally or negligently fails to follow instructions which leads to an incident/crash will the racing school seek financial recompense for resulting damage to the vehicle".
Please plan to be at the track for approximately 2.5 - 3 hours.
1 per car
Absolutely! The track has a special seating area set up where family and friends can watch. Don't forget a camera to capture your experience!
This experience is weather dependent. Always contact your experience provider in the event of inclement weather. In the event your experience is canceled due to inclement weather, you will be given the option to reschedule for a mutually agreeable date or be issued a rain certificate.
What to Wear:
Comfortable, weather appropriate attire that will be comfortable under your driver's suit, and closed toed shoes. No sandals, flip-flops or heels.
For this experience, we recommend booking at least 30 days in advance.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9 Living's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have scheduled a date and received a booking confirmation, all bookings are final. No refunds or exchanges are allowed once you have scheduled a date. For rescheduling more than 30 days prior to your scheduled experience date, a $75 fee will be charged. No cancellations or rescheduling may be made less than 30 days prior to your scheduled experience date.
What types of cars are used?
600 HP NASCAR style race cars that have 4 speed manual transmissions.
Is passing allowed?
For safety and liability reasons passing is not allowed. There are 3-4 cars on the track at one time but everyone is spread apart. The coordinator keeps tracks of each car's individual speed and times/choreographs everything so that the faster car will not be held up by the slower one.
What is provided and what do I need to bring?
All participants are provided with a regulation helmet and safety device, as well as a driver's suit. Participants need to wear socks, closed-toed shoes, and clothes that will be comfortable under the driver's suit.
Are there weight or height restrictions?
Not exactly; however, the cars do not have doors. Participants must have the ability to climb through a 15" high by 30" wide window that sits 36" from the ground. Driving suits are available up to size 4XL.
Are there age restrictions?
Participants must be at least 16 years old with a valid driver's license. Experience driving a manual (stick shift) transmission is ideal, but not a requirement. If participants cannot operate a manual transmission a push-off start is available.
Are foods or beverages available at the track?
Snacks and refreshments are available for purchase at the merchandise trailer.
Are any photo or video packages of my experience available?
Yes, photos and in-car videos are available for purchase at the track. Photo prices start at $20 and video at $49. Prices vary depending on the lap package booked and are subject to change.
Can I bring guests?
Friends and family are more than welcome. The more the merrier! There is a viewing area right behind pit road where they can watch. They are also welcome to bring their cameras and camcorders with them to take pictures and video from that viewing area.
Other Chicago Gift Ideas:(View all 75 Chicago experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Fly a CessnaAvg Rating of: 5(28)From: $219
- Learn to Fly a HelicopterAvg Rating of: 5(9)From: $375
- NASCAR Ride AlongAvg Rating of: 4-half(28)From: $109
- Drive a NASCARAvg Rating of: 4-half(14)From: $488
- Walking Food Tour of ChicagoAvg Rating of: 4-half(67)From: $52
- Architectural Kayak TourAvg Rating of: 5(12)From: $76
- Sunset PaddleAvg Rating of: 5(4)From: $65
- Golf Lesson with a PGA ProFrom: $129
- Chicago Dinner CruiseAvg Rating of: 3-half(13)From: $143
- All Chicago Experiences
"Driving experience was awesome! Drove with an experienced driver giving informative technique tips, I achieved 137 MPH top speed on my 1st time at the racetrack! Cannot wait until they come back to Chicagoland Speedway for my next driving experience, to try to improve my driving skills. Thanks for a great time!"
"It was the thrill of a lifetime!"
"Everyone was great, from Kathy, Jason, & Adam driver instructor, beyond what I expected, looking forward to going again, this time more laps lol"