Fireworks Kayak Tour in Chicago
Chicago River - Chicago, IL
June - August:
Select Wednesday and Saturday nights
Kayak at night, through the city and down the Chicago River to watch a brilliant fireworks display from the cockpit of a kayak.
- Enjoy a casual paddle across the waters of the Chicago River
- With Navy Pier on your horizon, calmly drift into your front row seats
- Sit back and enjoy the lights and sounds of a firework show from your kayak
- Theres a brief lesson so all skill levels feel comfortable.
See the amazement of fireworks from a different perspective, paddling in a kayak! Head down the Chicago River to view this exhilarating scene by Navy Pier.
The tour starts at North Avenue and goes down the Chicago River. You will paddle under the famous water cannon and up towards Navy Pier to watch the fireworks. Afterward, you will paddle back to North Avenue to end a wonderful night.
The trip is 3 miles each way, so come prepared to paddle a little bit.
- Some athleticism and basic kayaking skills are required
- Lights are included, but it is recommended to bring an extra flashlight
- You will kayak 6 miles round trip
- Choose a single or double kayak upon arrival
- Kids must be at least 12 years old to paddle on their own, otherwise any age can paddle in a tandem with an adult
- All children under the age of 18 must have their parents sign the waiver for them
3 hour paddle
Up to 12 people per tour
Only booked participants are allowed on this tour.
This experience is weather dependent. Always contact the experience provider with any questions regarding weather conditions.
What to Wear:
You will be on the water, so come prepared to possibly get a little wet. Dress casual, jeans are not recommended. Bring a towel, and a change of dry clothes.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings 14 days in advance.
Prior to scheduling a date and confirming a booking for this experience, Cloud 9 Living's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have received a booking confirmation, cancellations and rescheduling are allowed up to 10 days prior to the experience. Failure to appear on your booked date or to cancel and reschedule at least 10 days prior to your booked date will result in the loss of the value of your experience.
What should I bring?
You can bring fluids and snacks if you wish, also a camera is great to bring when your out on the water.
What if I don't want to bring my keys or other valuables with me while kayaking?
There is a free storage at the location, in case you want to leave something behind, or don't want it to get wet.
Can I bring alcohol with me in the kayak?
For your safety, there is no alcohol allowed in the kayak
Other Chicago Gift Ideas:(View all 75 Chicago experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Fly a CessnaAvg Rating of: 5(28)From: $219
- Learn to Fly a HelicopterAvg Rating of: 5(9)From: $375
- NASCAR Ride AlongAvg Rating of: 4-half(28)From: $109
- Drive a NASCARAvg Rating of: 4-half(14)From: $488
- Walking Food Tour of ChicagoAvg Rating of: 4-half(67)From: $52
- Architectural Kayak TourAvg Rating of: 5(12)From: $76
- Sunset PaddleAvg Rating of: 5(4)From: $65
- Golf Lesson with a PGA ProFrom: $129
- Chicago Dinner CruiseAvg Rating of: 3-half(13)From: $143
- All Chicago Experiences
"The guides were fantastic, however way too many people were booked for the trip. It was a nightmare of people crashing into each other. Hurry up then wait. It was not a relaxing evening at all. We went as a family yet none of us were able to stay together with 20 other kayaks, all with zero experience in trying to navigate. If the group was smaller it would have been much more enjoyable. The smell was awful as well. The downtown Chicago views were fabulous, just way too many people."
"While I am not a water-lover, and have NO experience in kayaking, I absolutely LOVED the trip. It was very easy to do, and the guides were over-the-top friendly and amazingly helpful to a novice. This was a gift to my husband and myself, and we went with the kids on the trip -- had a blast! We would do it again!! All the staff was amazing!!!!"
"We had a good experience with Cloud 9. We went with Kayaking Chicago on the fireworks tour. We received good enough instructions regarding how to kayak prior to our excursion. However, our only feedback is for Kayaking Chicago and that is to give more of an orientation prior to the excursion regarding conditions, timing, program, etc."