Tandem Hang Gliding Flight
Enjoy Field, Clifton, IL.
April - October, weekends. Flights are in the early morning, 8:00 AM. Mid day flights are unlikely due to thermals.
- All instructors are certified by the U.S. Hang Gliding Association and average over 10 years of experience each
- Learn the basics of hang gliding during a detailed ground class
- Enjoy breathtaking views from 3,000 feet during your tandem flight
First, you will learn the basics of hang gliding during a detailed half hour ground handling session. Next, you and your experienced instructor will be towed to an altitude of 3,000 feet where you can put your newly found skills to use.
With the wind at your back and a huge smile on your face you realize hang gliding really is the purest form of flight and the only way to truly feel like part of the sky.
You will be amazed by the grace of this aerial dance, tandem hang gliding is truly a once in a life time experience.
Participants must weigh no more than 250 pounds. Individuals under 18 years of age must have parent/guardian sign a consent waiver.
Due to the volatility of fuel cost, participants may be required to pay a $10 surcharge payable to the provider the day of the experience.
Approx. 30 minutes of ground school and 30 minutes of flight time. Participants may be required to wait in the event a large number of participants are on site for lessons on the same date.
1 per flight.
Allowed, you can watch the participant hang glide.
This experience is weather dependent. Always contact the Experience provider with any questions regarding weather conditions.
What to Wear:
Wear comfortable clothing appropriate for weather condition. Closed toed shoes or sneakers recommended.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 7 days in advance.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have scheduled a date and received a booking confirmation, no refunds will be given. Rescheduling is allowed up to 14 days prior to your experience, failure to appear on your booked date or to reschedule at least 14 days prior to your booked date will result in the loss of the value of your experience. In the event your experience is canceled due to inclement weather you will reschedule your experience directly with your experience provider
Other Chicago Experiences:(View all 58 Chicago experiences)
- Stock Car Ride AlongFrom: $119Avg Rating of: 4-half(20)
- Drive a Stock CarFrom: $519Avg Rating of: 5(7)
- Walking Food Tour of ChicagoFrom: $60Avg Rating of: 4-half(37)
- Golf Lesson with a PGA ProFrom: $129Avg Rating of: 5(1)
- Architectural Kayak TourFrom: $85Avg Rating of: 4(5)
- Sunset PaddleFrom: $75Avg Rating of: 5(2)
- Fly a CessnaFrom: $239Avg Rating of: 5(11)
- Learn to Fly a HelicopterFrom: $405Avg Rating of: 5(4)
- Chicago Lakefront Bike TourFrom: $60Avg Rating of: 5(1)
- All Chicago Experiences
- Gift Certificates
"The experience was awesome! I felt like a bird. It was an adrenaline rush and very peaceful all at the same time. The experience provider was inviting and fun, they make you feel comfortable and you leave there feeling I can't wait to do that again."
"The Clifton Illinois facility was very nice, a great experience."