- All instructors are certified by the U.S. Hang Gliding Association and average over 10 years of experience each
- Learn the basics of hang gliding during a detailed ground class
- Enjoy breathtaking views from 3,000 feet during your tandem flight
First, you will learn the basics of hang gliding during a detailed 30 minute ground handling session. Next, you and your experienced instructor will be towed to an altitude of 3,000 feet where you can put your newly found skills to use.
With the wind at your back and a huge smile on your face you realize hang gliding really is the purest form of flight and the only way to truly feel like part of the sky.
You will be amazed by the grace of this aerial dance, tandem hang gliding is truly a once in a life time experience.
- Participants must bring a government issued ID
- Participants must weigh no more than 240 pounds
- Individuals under 18 years of age must have a parent/guardian sign a consent waiver
- Due to the volatility of fuel cost, participants may be required to pay a $10 surcharge payable to the provider the day of the experience
The total experience will last approximately 1 hour with 30 minutes of ground school and 30 minutes of flight time. Participants may be required to wait in the event a large number of participants are on site for lessons on the same date.
1 student per flight.
Family and friends are welcome to come watch the participant hang glide.
This experience is weather dependent. Always contact the experience provider with any questions regarding weather conditions.
What to Wear:
Wear comfortable clothing appropriate for weather condition. Closed toed shoes or sneakers recommended.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 7 days in advance.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9 Living's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have scheduled a date and received a booking confirmation, no refunds will be given. Rescheduling is allowed up to 14 days prior to your experience, failure to appear on your booked date or to reschedule at least 14 days prior to your booked date will result in the loss of the value of your experience. In the event your experience is canceled due to inclement weather you will reschedule your experience directly with your experience provider
What happens if the weather is bad?
In the event of inclement weather, you will reschedule your experience for a future date directly with the experience provider.
Are there any age, height or weight restrictions?
There is no age restriction, but you must be at least 3.5' tall and weigh no more than 240 pounds.
What should I bring?
A government issued ID is required to fly. It is also recommeneded to bring sunscreen, sunglasses, and some warm clothing.
Are there bathrooms on site?
Yes, the facility has restrooms.
Other Chicago Gift Ideas:(View all 63 Chicago experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Stock Car Ride AlongFrom: $109Avg Rating of: 4-half(22)
- Drive a Stock CarFrom: $488Avg Rating of: 4-half(13)
- Walking Food Tour of ChicagoFrom: $50Avg Rating of: 4-half(52)
- Golf Lesson with a PGA ProFrom: $129
- Architectural Kayak TourFrom: $65Avg Rating of: 5(6)
- Sunset PaddleFrom: $55Avg Rating of: 5(2)
- Fly a CessnaFrom: $209Avg Rating of: 5(17)
- Learn to Fly a HelicopterFrom: $375Avg Rating of: 5(6)
- Chicago Lakefront Bike TourFrom: $46Avg Rating of: 5(2)
- All Chicago Experiences
"The experience was awesome! I felt like a bird. It was an adrenaline rush and very peaceful all at the same time. The experience provider was inviting and fun, they make you feel comfortable and you leave there feeling I can't wait to do that again."
"The Clifton Illinois facility was very nice, a great experience."