Chicago Executive Airport - Wheeling, IL
April - October:
Daily - 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM
*Pending pilot availability
- Learn how to fly a Cessna 172 with an experienced FAA Certified Flight Instructor by your side
- Fly to Lake Geneva and treat yourself to a light lunch upon arrival at the Grand Geneva Spa and Resort
- Soar high above Mundelein, Libertyville, Lincolnshire, the Chain of Lakes and more on this nearly 2-hour round trip flight
- Perfect day trip for you and that special someone!
Soar high above the beautiful Illinois countryside to Lake Geneva on this sightseeing flight where you'll even get to fly the plane!
After meeting your FAA Certified Flight Instructor and performing a pre-flight check of the aircraft, you'll climb into the Cessna 172 and get ready for take-off. Feel what it's like to fly when you take over the controls and head north to Wisconsin.
Take in the beautiful views below of Mundelein, Libertyville, Lincolnshire, the Chain of Lakes and city of Lake Geneva during the approximately 2-hour round trip flight. Land at the Grand Geneva Airport where you'll enjoy a beverage and light lunch available for purchase at the Grand Geneva Spa and Resort before returning to Chicago.
Enjoy a scenic flight, near beautiful Lake Geneva and learn how to fly a plane all on this unique day trip!
- The combined weight of the student and passenger cannot exceed 500 lbs
- Price includes any applicable fuel surcharges
- Price does not include food or beverage purchased at the Grand Geneva Spa & Resort
- Video packages are available to purchase directly from the flight school on the day of your flight
This experience is 3.5 hours total with approximately 1.5-2 hours of flight time.
The student may bring along 1 passenger on the flight.
A friend or family member is welcome to fly as a passenger and enjoy the scenery.
This experience is weather dependent. In the event your experience is canceled due to inclement weather you will reschedule your experience directly with your experience provider. Always contact the experience provider with any questions regarding weather conditions.
What to Wear:
Wear comfortable clothing appropriate for weather conditions.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 21 days in advance for weekend flights, and 7 days in advance for weekday flights.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9 Living's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have scheduled a date and received a booking confirmation, cancellations or rescheduling must be completed up to 72 hours prior to your scheduled flight for a $10.00 fee. Failure to appear on your booked date or to complete a cancellation or rescheduling at least 72 hours prior to your booked date will result in the loss of the value of your experience.
What kind of plane will we be flying in for this Lake Geneva Getaway?
You will fly in a Cessna 172, one of the most popular training aircraft in the world.
Will I actually get to fly?
Yes, the FAA Certified Flight Instructor will take-off and land the aircraft but you will take control of the Cessna in the air and do most of the flying.
Do I need any flying experience?
No experience is necessary. Your flight instructor will teach you the basics of flying and instruct you throughout the flight.
Where will we eat lunch?
Lunch will be available at the Grand Geneva Spa and Resort. It is not included in the price of this experience.
Other Chicago Gift Ideas:(View all 72 Chicago experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Fly a CessnaAvg Rating of: 5(28)From: $219
- Learn to Fly a HelicopterAvg Rating of: 5(8)From: $375
- NASCAR Stock Car Ride AlongAvg Rating of: 4-half(28)From: $109
- Drive a NASCAR Stock CarAvg Rating of: 4-half(14)From: $488
- Walking Food Tour of ChicagoAvg Rating of: 4-half(66)From: $50
- Architectural Kayak TourAvg Rating of: 5(12)From: $76
- Sunset PaddleAvg Rating of: 5(4)From: $65
- Golf Lesson with a PGA ProFrom: $129
- Chicago Dinner CruiseAvg Rating of: 3-half(13)From: $136
- All Chicago Experiences
"This flight was so much fun. It was very informative and the instructor, Joey, was awesome. I am going to further my flying education."
"John was awesome. We had a wonderful time. Best experience ever!"