Schaumburg Regional Airport -Schaumburg, IL
Daily - 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM
*Pending pilot availability
- Fly with an experienced FAA-certified flight instructor
- You'll get an introduction into the operation of a helicopter and the theory of flight, and actually take the controls of the helicopter
- Bring along a friend to ride as a passenger and share the experience
- Experience the unparalleled sensation of flight as you take the controls of a helicopter
- No experience necessary
Have you always dreamed of taking the controls of a helicopter and soaring upward toward the sky? Now is your chance to learn the basics of flying a helicopter with this fun and exhilarating experience.
Take the controls of a meticulously maintained OH-6A helicopter. This helicopter was originally designed for use as a military scout during the Vietnam War to meet the U.S. Army's need for an extremely maneuverable observation helicopter. This design makes it ideal for learning and sight-seeing.
After your introduction to helicopter operations and the theory of flight, it's time to climb aboard and fly! You'll take controls of the helicopter and experience the sensation of flying. You can also bring along a passenger to ride as a passenger and share the experience with you.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Small camera bags and purses are permitted at the discretion of the pilot and are subject to search
Flight time varies from 30, 45, to 60 minutes depending on the option selected.
The student may bring along 1 passenger.
Spectators are not allowed, beyond the 1 passenger the student may choose to bring along for the flight.
This experience is weather dependent. Always contact the Experience provider with any questions regarding weather conditions.
What to Wear:
Wear comfortable clothing appropriate for weather conditions.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 7 days in advance.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9 Living's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have scheduled a date and received a booking confirmation, all bookings are final. In the event your experience is canceled due to inclement weather you will reschedule your experience directly with your experience provider.
Is there an age requirement?
Yes, participants must be at least 18 years of age.
Can I bring a passenger?
Yes, the student can bring along one passenger.
Do I need previous experience?
No, this hands on lesson is designed for beginners.
What if my flight is cancelled due to weather?
We always recommend contacting your pilot on the day of your experience if you have any concerns regarding weather. In the event your flight is cancelled due to weather you can reschedule directly with your pilot.
Other Chicago Gift Ideas:(View all 72 Chicago experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Fly a CessnaAvg Rating of: 5(28)From: $219
- Learn to Fly a HelicopterAvg Rating of: 5(8)From: $375
- NASCAR Stock Car Ride AlongAvg Rating of: 4-half(28)From: $109
- Drive a NASCAR Stock CarAvg Rating of: 4-half(14)From: $488
- Walking Food Tour of ChicagoAvg Rating of: 4-half(66)From: $50
- Architectural Kayak TourAvg Rating of: 5(12)From: $76
- Sunset PaddleAvg Rating of: 5(4)From: $65
- Golf Lesson with a PGA ProFrom: $129
- Chicago Dinner CruiseAvg Rating of: 3-half(13)From: $136
- All Chicago Experiences
"My wife was not planning to join me on my flight but our instructor pilot put my wife at ease and convinced her to join me. We had a very memorable experience. John, our pilot was outstanding! "
"Overall it was a great time, I just wish we spent a bit more time over the area near my home. Which is why I asked to fly by my home in the first place. We had a good time. Maybe put another type of 3-way harness in the back of the helicopter -- my wife seemed like having only one seat belt scared her."
"Fritz did a thorough job going through the pre-flight of the OH6A. Once airborne and at altitude he gave me the cyclic controls, followed by the pedals, and finally the collective. I found the OH6A to be far more stable and easy to fly than a R44, in which I had previously taken a lesson. Throughout the lesson, Fritz demonstrated various maneuvers. All too soon it was ready to head back. After a few pictures we put the bird away, Fritz completed some paperwork, and we headed over to Pilot Pete's, where we debriefed over lunch in the company of some other helicopter pilots and a friendly waitress. I highly recommend this experience and will certainly be back for a repeat in the future."