Little Arabia - Chicago, IL
March through Mid-November:
Fridays - 12:00 PM
Discover a mecca of food in Albany Park and along Kedzie Avenue on the Little Arabia Food Tour!
- Top rated tour providers on TripAdvisor and Yelp
- Stop at up to 7 locations that may include specialty shops, an Egyptian Bazaar and various Middle Eastern restaurants
- Sample several cuisines from Lebanon, Iraq, Palestine and Persia
- Discover the rich cultural history of Little Arabia while you enjoy this 3.5-hour guided, walking tour!
Stroll the streets of Little Arabia on this 3.5-hour guided, walking food and cultural tour in Chicago!
Throughout your culinary quest, you'll visit up to 7 locations for various samples and peek into the specialty shops that line Albany Park along Kedzie Avenue.
Stops and tastings along the tour route may include (and are subject to change):
- Hookah shops
- An Egyptian Bazaar
- Appetizers and kebabs from Arabian and Persian restaurants
- An Iraqi and Palestinian bakery
- A pita making stop
- Lebanese cuisine
- Chai Henna Tattoo shop
- Learn Arabic calligraphy
- Participants can expect to walk less than 1 mile at a casual pace stopping frequently with opportunities to sit and use the restroom facilities
- Due to the uneven streets, wheelchairs are not recommended on this tour
- Please make note of any dietary restrictions at the time of booking so accommodations can be made
This tour covers less than 1 mile in approximately 3.5 hours.
You will be joined by other participants for a maximum of 12 participants per tour.
This experience is only for those on the tour.
This tour runs in most weather conditions. In the case of very inclement weather, it is recommended to contact the experience provider with any questions regarding weather conditions.
What to Wear:
Wear comfortable clothing appropriate for walking and weather conditions.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 14 days in advance.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9 Living's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have scheduled a date and received a booking confirmation, all bookings are final and no cancellations, refunds or rescheduling will be allowed. Failure to appear on your booked date will result in the loss of the value of this experience.
Are there any age restrictions?
This tour is recommended for anyone at least 17 years of age and older. Although participants under 17 are welcome, much of this tour is spent standing and walking. Strollers are not permitted on the tour due to uneven streets and sidewalks.
How much walking is there on this tour?
This 3.5-hour tour covers less than 1 mile.
How much food is served on the tour?
There are several stops with food tastings along the tour route. For most people there is enough food served to count as a meal.
Are beverages provided on the tour?
Water and tea will be provided throughout the tour. This tour does not include alcohol tastings, but participants will be allowed to purchase alcoholic beverages at some of the venues along the route.
What if I have dietary restrictions or food allergies?
Food substitutions for vegetarians are available at most stops, however food allergies such as gluten-free or dairy-free cannot be accommodated on this tour.
Other Chicago Gift Ideas:(View all 68 Chicago experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Fly a CessnaAvg Rating of: 5(28)From: $219
- Learn to Fly a HelicopterAvg Rating of: 5(8)From: $375
- NASCAR Stock Car Ride AlongAvg Rating of: 4-half(28)From: $109
- Drive a NASCAR Stock CarAvg Rating of: 4-half(14)From: $488
- Walking Food Tour of ChicagoAvg Rating of: 4-half(65)From: $50
- Architectural Kayak TourAvg Rating of: 5(12)From: $76
- Sunset PaddleAvg Rating of: 5(4)From: $65
- Golf Lesson with a PGA ProFrom: $129
- Chicago Dinner CruiseAvg Rating of: 3-half(13)From: $136
- All Chicago Experiences
"Great tour guide. She was excellent and personable. The experience lacked a script on the culture. Very disjointed. Not sure if the market trip was useful. "
"My wife and I went on the Little Arabia Tour in Chicago recently. The tour guide was knowledgeable and pleasant. It was as if we were going out with a friend. The Lebanese and Persian food we sampled was plentiful and delicious. We learned a great deal about the people in the diverse neighborhood we were in. Great experience!"