Wednesdays - 11:00 AM
Saturdays - 10:00 AM
- Your tour provider has a 5-star rating on TripAdvisor
- Guides are professional chefs and Chicago natives with extensive insider knowledge about the city
- Approximately 3.5-hour tour includes transportation around the city and all food/beverage tastings
- Visit the Mexican Museum of Art and drive by cultural landmarks
- A great tour for locals and tourists alike!
Looking to get some insider knowledge on one of Chicago's most vibrant neighborhoods? Look no further because this Pilsen Food and Culture Tour will have you feeling like a local in no time!
The Pilsen neighborhood, on Chicago's West Side, is undoubtedly one of Chicago's best kept culinary and cultural secrets. This diverse area was originally inhabited by Czechs and Eastern Europeans, both working class and wealthy alike, who did not find themselves welcome in other Chicago neighborhoods. In the 1960's, however, the area started to become Latino and is now home to some of the best Mexican food, art, and culture around. It is also home to an area known as the "Heart of Chicago," Chicago's oldest Italian neighborhood.
For this food tour, you will learn about this budding neighborhood and its amazing cuisine from the most qualified guides out there... professional chefs! You will meet your guide at a central Chicago location and embark on your approximately 3.5-hour culinary adventure. Don't worry about busting out the walking shoes either, for this tour you will be escorted throughout the city in a van with your group. Along the way, you may see beautiful street murals, Al Capone's Unit at Cook County Jail, and St Paul's Church. You'll even pay a quick visit to the Mexican Museum of Art in between tastings!
Some tastings may include:
- Chicago's Best Italian Beef Sandwich
- Chicago's Best Tacos
- Chicago's Best Shrimp
- and more!
There's no better way to explore a neighborhood than to taste its cuisine. Make sure you come hungry, because the Pilsen Food and Culture Tour will not disappoint!
- Craft beer and wine included for participants over 21 years old with valid photo ID
- Includes all-you-can-eat tastings
- Vegetarian options available - please notify Cloud 9 Living at the time of booking of any dietary restrictions
Tour lasts approximately 3.5 hours, but can vary depending on Chicago traffic.
Group sizes vary with a maximum of 10 people per tour.
This experience is for scheduled participants only.
This experience is not weather dependent and will run rain or shine. Always contact the experience provider with any questions regarding weather.
What to Wear:
Wear comfortable shoes and clothing appropriate for expected weather conditions.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 7 days in advance.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9 Living's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have received a booking confirmation, cancellations and rescheduling are allowed up to 72 hours prior to the experience. Failure to appear on your booked date, cancel or reschedule at least 72 hours prior to your booked date will result in the loss of the value of your experience.
Are drinks provided?
All food and beverages are included in the ticket price. Craft beers and wine are also included for participants over 21 with a valid photo ID.
Are there vegetarian options available?
Yes! Arrangements can be made for vegetarian options with prior notice. Please let Cloud 9 Living know at the time of booking if any participants require vegetarian substitutions.
Are there bathrooms available?
Yes, bathrooms are frequently available on the tour at restaurant stops.
How much walking will we do?
This tour is primarily a driving tour and will only require that you walk briefly from parking lots to restaurants.
Other Chicago Gift Ideas:(View all 75 Chicago experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Fly a CessnaAvg Rating of: 5(28)From: $219
- Learn to Fly a HelicopterAvg Rating of: 5(9)From: $375
- NASCAR Ride AlongAvg Rating of: 4-half(28)From: $109
- Drive a NASCARAvg Rating of: 4-half(14)From: $488
- Walking Food Tour of ChicagoAvg Rating of: 4-half(67)From: $52
- Architectural Kayak TourAvg Rating of: 5(12)From: $76
- Sunset PaddleAvg Rating of: 5(4)From: $65
- Golf Lesson with a PGA ProFrom: $129
- Chicago Dinner CruiseAvg Rating of: 3-half(13)From: $143
- All Chicago Experiences