Pending artists availability
- Custom, one-on-one lesson tailored to your skill level and areas of interest
- Cultivate technical expertise in drawing and painting
- Learn diverse media ranging from pencil, watercolor, acrylic, and oil paints
- Flexible approach provides for hands on participation as well as lecture and theory
- Leave with a sense of accomplishment and a work of art to hang in your home!
Enjoy and explore the experience of art with private instruction from your professional artist.
The aim of this instruction is to foster a passionate dedication to the extraordinary world of art as well as to cultivate technical expertise in drawing and painting. Using diverse media, including pencil, watercolor, tempera, and oil paints, you'll learn to draw still life, landscapes, human figures or portraits.
Lessons can also focus on the fundamentals of decorative and applied arts. This flexible approach can also be complemented by lectures on theory and art history.With over 20 years of teaching experience, your instructors look forward to learning your level of artistic background and working with you to expand your skills based on the goals and desires you have in the world of art.
- All levels are welcome
- Recommended for participants at least 13 years old with a passion for art
- For small to medium sized canvases, most participants will leave with a completed work of art
- Large canvases are not recommended for the 2-hour workshop
- Supplies are not included
1-2 participants, depending on the option selected.
This lesson is for booked participants only.
This experience is not weather dependent.
What to Wear:
Comfortable clothing is recommended.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 14 days in advance of intended date of use.
Prior to scheduling a date and confirming a booking for this experience, Cloud 9 Living's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have received a booking confirmation, rescheduling is allowed up to 14 days prior to the experience. Failure to appear on your booked date or to cancel and reschedule at least 14 days prior to your booked date will result in the loss of the value of your experience.
Are supplies provided for the lesson?
The instructor can provide basic supplies such as an easel, pencils, erasers and drawing paper. If the student is interested in having a lesson for oil/acrylic/watercolor painting, which requires canvas or special paper, then the instructor can purchase the supplies for you for $30-$40. Of course, you may bring your own supplies as well.
Other Chicago Gift Ideas:(View all 72 Chicago experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Fly a CessnaAvg Rating of: 5(28)From: $219
- Learn to Fly a HelicopterAvg Rating of: 5(8)From: $375
- NASCAR Stock Car Ride AlongAvg Rating of: 4-half(28)From: $109
- Drive a NASCAR Stock CarAvg Rating of: 4-half(14)From: $488
- Walking Food Tour of ChicagoAvg Rating of: 4-half(66)From: $50
- Architectural Kayak TourAvg Rating of: 5(12)From: $76
- Sunset PaddleAvg Rating of: 5(4)From: $65
- Golf Lesson with a PGA ProFrom: $129
- Chicago Dinner CruiseAvg Rating of: 3-half(13)From: $136
- All Chicago Experiences