Mid-May through October:
Daily - Sunrise & Sunset
*Pending pilot availability
**All dates this season have sold out. Our pilot will start taking bookings for the 2017 season in the Spring.
- Third generation certified professional pilots with a passion for flying
- Float over 1,500 feet above ground for picturesque views of the landscape
- Continue a tradition dating back to the 18th century and sip on complimentary champagne following the gentle and scenic flight
- A perfect and unique date for you and that special someone!
Soar above the beautiful Illinois countryside on a peaceful and romantic Private Hot Air Balloon Ride near Chicago.
Your experience will begin with an introduction to your friendly pilot and crew, who will answer any questions you may have and provide you with the history and traditions of ballooning, as well as the mechanics.
Assist with the balloon and basket set-up if you'd like or sit back, relax and prepare for your flight.
After a gentle take off, you'll float over 1,500 feet above the beautiful and picturesque Chicagoland countryside for approximately 45 minutes.
Following your flight, indulge in pastries and complimentary champagne, a tradition dating back to 18th century ballooning.
A personalized Private Hot Air Balloon Ride is a unique, romantic and perfect adventure for you and that special someone to enjoy together.
- Participants must be at least 6 years old
- Additional fees will incur for passengers over 250 lbs
- Passengers must sign a liability waiver prior to boarding
- Pilots are FAA commercially certified with an impeccable safety record
- For health and safety reasons pregnant women are not permitted to participate
This experience is very weather dependent and often has to be rescheduled. It is not recommended for those visiting the Chicago area as refunds will not be given in the event of a weather cancellation. Only rescheduling is allowed.
The entire experience will last 3-4 hours total, with approximately 45-60 minutes of flight time.
Up to 2 passengers
Spectators may follow the chase vehicle in their own vehicle to watch the launch and landing.
This experience is very weather dependent. Due to the weather sensitivity of hot air ballooning, contact the experience provider with any questions regarding weather conditions.
What to Wear:
Wear comfortable clothing and a jacket, sweatshirt or fleece pullover. Closed toe shoes are required. High heels are not allowed.
For this Chicago Hot Air Balloon Ride, it is recommended to request bookings at least 14 days in advance. Last minute requests will be taken based on availability.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9 Living's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have scheduled a date and received a booking confirmation, no refunds will be given. Rescheduling is allowed up to 5 days prior to your experience. Failure to appear on your booked date or to reschedule at least 5 days prior to your booked date will result in the loss of the value of your experience. In the event your experience is canceled due to inclement weather you will reschedule directly with the experience provider.
Can I help inflate the balloon?
Yes! You are encouraged to participate in both the inflation and deflation of the balloon.
Is this experience weather dependent?
Yes. Hot air balloon rides are weather dependent and need fair and calm conditions to fly. Inclement weather conditions may cause cancellations. Your pilot will contact you the evening before your flight to discuss the weather conditions for the next day. In the event of a cancelled flight, you will reschedule directly with the pilot.
Are there any age requirements?
Most young children get restless and are often scared of the loud noise and heat burners. Therefore, the balloon flight is not recommended for children under the age of 6.
Will I have a problem if I'm afraid of heights or experience motion sickness?
Most passengers do not have problems with their fear of heights and passengers with even the most severe cases of motion sickness do not experience problems. You will not experience rocking or swinging and the flight will be stable and smooth.The balloon rides are very gentle with a perfectly balanced balloon in the air.
Is it customary to tip?
Gratuity is not included in the price, but is appreciated if the experience is enjoyed.
Are there any weight restrictions?
Additional fees may occur for passengers over 250 lbs.
Other Chicago Gift Ideas:(View all 68 Chicago experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Fly a CessnaAvg Rating of: 5(28)From: $219
- Learn to Fly a HelicopterAvg Rating of: 5(8)From: $375
- NASCAR Stock Car Ride AlongAvg Rating of: 4-half(28)From: $109
- Drive a NASCAR Stock CarAvg Rating of: 4-half(14)From: $488
- Walking Food Tour of ChicagoAvg Rating of: 4-half(65)From: $50
- Architectural Kayak TourAvg Rating of: 5(12)From: $76
- Sunset PaddleAvg Rating of: 5(4)From: $65
- Golf Lesson with a PGA ProFrom: $129
- Chicago Dinner CruiseAvg Rating of: 3-half(13)From: $136
- All Chicago Experiences