River North - Chicago, IL
April through November:
Fridays & Saturdays - 11:00 AM
- Tour provider is a recipient of a Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence award
- Enjoy 5 food tastings at various food establishments throughout the tour
- Your knowledgeable guide will provide you with an insider's look into how the foods are prepared at ethnic eateries and trendy restaurants
- This guided walking tour is perfect for native Chicagoans and tourists alike!
Explore the remarkable and historic River North neighborhood while sampling delicious food on this River North Food Tour!
The River North neighborhood is known for its extreme affluence, typified by the Magnificent Mile and the Gold Coast. With Chicago's highest concentration of restaurants and art galleries, the River North neighborhood has become a favorite destination for foodies.
Between plentiful food tastings, your knowledgeable guide will provide you with an insider's look into how the foods are made at these ethnic eateries and trendy restaurants.
Enjoy 5 flavorful food tastings from local eateries that may include (subject to change):
- The Doughnut Vault - Food & Wine Magazine named it "The Best Doughnut in America" in 2012
- Lou Malnati's - Rudy Malnati is generally considered to be the inventor of Chicago deep-dish pizza
- Xoco - Top Chef Masters winner Rick Bayless is one of the best known chefs of Mexican cuisine in America
- Fabcakes Bakery - Delicious pastries inspired by the seasons
- Cafe Iberico - Authentic Spanish tapas
- This is a 3-hour walking tour at a casual pace
- All food tastings are included in the price
- Tour includes 5 different food tastings that will happily fill most stomachs
- Children under the age of 5 are free, unless they are going to participate in the food tastings
Approximately 3 hours.
You will be accompanied by other tour participants, with a maximum of 18 per tour. For groups larger than 6 please contact Cloud 9 Living for pricing.
This experience is only for those booked on the tour.
This food tour will run rain or shine. There will be no cancellations due to weather unless experience provider cancels the tour due to safety concerns.
What to Wear:
Wear comfortable clothing and shoes appropriate for weather and a fair amount of walking.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 7 days in advance.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9 Living's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have scheduled a date and received a booking confirmation, all bookings for this experience are final.
How much walking is involved?
This food tour is approximately 3 hours long. You will walk at a casual pace and stand in place for a few minutes at various attractions. The tour has a mix of sit-down tasting locations and locations where the tastings are done while standing outside the establishments.
What should I wear?
You will do a fair amount of walking on this tour. It's recommended to wear comfortable shoes and dress casual.
Will the tour finish at the same location?
The tour will finish approximately 10 blocks from the starting location. The tour guide will gladly provide directions back to the meeting location or to other locations you are heading to after the tour.
Is this tour appropriate for children?
Please gauge whether or not you think this tour is appropriate for your child. Children under the age of 5 are free, unless they're going to participate in the food tastings. You may bring a stroller on the tour, but it will have to remain outside, if the food establishment is busy.
How much food will I eat on this tour?
You will taste foods from 5 different specialty shops, ethnic eateries, and restaurants. Most people find it enough food for lunch.
What if I have dietary restrictions or food allergies?
Our experience provider can accommodate vegetarians, but can not offer vegan or gluten-free substitutions as there isn't always a next-best option. Please notify Cloud 9 Living at the time of booking if you have any food allergies or restrictions.
Is the tour wheelchair and stroller accessible?
The tour route is wheelchair accessible. You may also bring a stroller on the tour, but it may have to remain outside if the food establishment is busy.
Is this tour fun for locals?
This tour is designed to take you to hidden gems only the neighborhood locals know about. Native Chicagoans take the tour to explore neighborhoods other than the ones they live in, and learn where to find the best culinary delights.
Are pets allowed on this tour?
Pets are not allowed on this tour. Chicago law prohibits pets from entering an establishment that serves food or drink.
Is gratuity included in the price of this tour?
Gratuity for your guide is not included, but is appreciated if you enjoy this experience.
Other Chicago Gift Ideas:(View all 72 Chicago experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Fly a CessnaAvg Rating of: 5(28)From: $219
- Learn to Fly a HelicopterAvg Rating of: 5(8)From: $375
- NASCAR Stock Car Ride AlongAvg Rating of: 4-half(28)From: $109
- Drive a NASCAR Stock CarAvg Rating of: 4-half(14)From: $488
- Walking Food Tour of ChicagoAvg Rating of: 4-half(66)From: $50
- Architectural Kayak TourAvg Rating of: 5(12)From: $76
- Sunset PaddleAvg Rating of: 5(4)From: $65
- Golf Lesson with a PGA ProFrom: $129
- Chicago Dinner CruiseAvg Rating of: 3-half(13)From: $136
- All Chicago Experiences