South Side Culinary Tour
Wednesdays & Fridays - 4:00 PM
Thursdays & Saturdays - 3:00 PM
- The provider has a 5-star rating onTripAdvisor
- Guides are professional chefs and Chicago natives with extensive insider knowledge about the city
- Approximately 3.5-hour tour includes transportation around the city and all food/beverage tastings
- Drive through Obama's Neighborhood, the Chicago Blue's District and along Lake Shore Drive
- A great tour for locals and tourists alike!
The South Side of Chicago encompasses a collection of neighborhoods with a rich and extensive history. Having produced Blues and Jazz legends, literary giants, and even a United States President, it is safe to say that the South Side is a diverse and influential place. Thanks to revitalization efforts, the neighborhoods of Bronzeville, Hyde Park, Englewood, and Bridgeport are booming once again with a rich cultural scene and some of the best ethnic and soul food in the country!
On this food tour, you will learn about this budding area and its amazing cuisine from the most qualified guides out there... professional chefs! You will meet your guide at a central Chicago location and embark on your approximately 3.5-hour culinary adventure. Don't worry about busting out the walking shoes either, for this tour you will be escorted throughout the city in a van with your group. Along the way, you may take a drive along Lake Shore Drive, pass through the Chicago Blues District, and even tour President Obama's neighborhood!
Some tastings/stops may include:
- Pearl's Place
- Garifuna Flava Carribbean
- Dessert in Little Italy
- and more!
There's no better way to explore a neighborhood than to taste its cuisine. Acquaint your taste buds with Chicago's South Side!
- Craft beer and wine included for participants over 21 years old with valid photo ID
- Food tastings are all you can eat
- Vegetarian options available - please notify Cloud 9 Living at the time of booking of any dietary restrictions
Tour lasts approximately 3.5 hours, but can vary depending on Chicago traffic.
Group sizes vary with a maximum of 10 participants per tour
This experience is for booked participants only
This experience is not weather dependent and will run rain or shine. Always contact the experience provider with any questions regarding weather.
What to Wear:
Wear comfortable shoes and clothing appropriate for expected weather conditions.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 7 days in advance.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9 Living's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have received a booking confirmation, cancellations and rescheduling are allowed up to 72 hours prior to the experience. Failure to appear on your booked date, cancel or reschedule at least 72 hours prior to your booked date will result in the loss of the value of your experience.
Are drinks provided?
All food and beverages are included in the ticket price. Craft beers and wine are also included for participants over 21 with a valid photo ID.
Are there vegetarian options available?
Yes! Arrangements can be made for vegetarian options with prior notice. Please let Cloud 9 Living know at the time of booking if any participants require vegetarian substitutions.
Are there bathrooms available?
Yes, bathrooms are frequently available on the tour at restaurant stops.
How much walking will we do?
This tour is primarily a driving tour, and will only require that you walk briefly from parking lots to restaurants.
Other Chicago Gift Ideas:(View all 73 Chicago experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Fly a CessnaAvg Rating of: 5(28)From: $219
- Learn to Fly a HelicopterAvg Rating of: 5(9)From: $375
- NASCAR Stock Car Ride AlongAvg Rating of: 4-half(28)From: $109
- Drive a NASCAR Stock CarAvg Rating of: 4-half(14)From: $488
- Walking Food Tour of ChicagoAvg Rating of: 4-half(67)From: $50
- Architectural Kayak TourAvg Rating of: 5(12)From: $76
- Sunset PaddleAvg Rating of: 5(4)From: $65
- Golf Lesson with a PGA ProFrom: $129
- Chicago Dinner CruiseAvg Rating of: 3-half(13)From: $136
- All Chicago Experiences