Mid-May through October:
Daily - Sunrise
*Pending pilot availability
- Professional and experienced FAA certified balloon pilots peacefully float you 1,500 feet above the ground
- Assist in the basket and balloon set up prior to lift off or sit back and relax before your 45 minute flight
- Continue the ballooning tradition of enjoying complimentary champagne and pastries upon landing
- A calming and relaxing adventure for everyone
- For a romantic ride for two, check out our Private Hot Air Balloon Ride!
Imagine yourself serenely floating through the air above the beautiful Illinois countryside on a Sunrise Hot Air Balloon Ride.
From the initial set up of the balloon and basket to the gentle landing and champagne toast, your hot air balloon experience is sure to exceed expectations.
Third generation pilots and experienced staff will introduce you to the oldest form of flying and provide you with the history. Join in with the balloon and basket preparation or sit back and get ready for your gentle ride!
After approximately 45 minutes of flight time over scenic Chicagoland and a soft landing, continue a ballooning tradition dating back to the 18th century and enjoy complimentary champagne and pastries.
The Sunrise Hot Air Balloon Ride near Chicago is the perfect start to your morning and will be an experience you'll remember forever!
- Participants must be at least 6 years old
- Additional fees will incur for passengers over 250 lbs
- Passengers must sign a liability waiver prior to boarding
- Pilots are FAA commercially certified with an impeccable safety record
- For health and safety reasons pregnant women are not permitted to participate
This experience is very weather dependent and often has to be rescheduled. It is not recommended for those visiting the Chicago area as refunds will not be given in the event of a weather cancellation. Only rescheduling is allowed.
The entire experience will last 3-4 hours total, with approximately 1 hour of flight time.
Up to 4 passengers per balloon depending on overall weight and balloon type.
Spectators may follow the chase vehicle in their own vehicle to watch launch and landing.
This experience is very weather dependent. Always contact the experience provider with any questions regarding weather conditions.
What to Wear:
Wear comfortable clothing and a jacket, sweatshirt or fleece pullover. Closed toe shoes are required, no high heels.
For this Chicago Hot Air Balloon Ride, it is recommended to request bookings at least 14 days in advance. Last minute requests will be taken based on availability.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9 Living's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have scheduled a date and received a booking confirmation, no refunds will be given. Rescheduling is allowed up to 5 days prior to your experience. Failure to appear on your booked date or to reschedule at least 5 days prior to your booked date will result in the loss of the value of your experience. In the event your experience is canceled due to inclement weather you will reschedule directly with the experience provider.
Can I help inflate the balloon?
Yes! It is encouraged to participate in both the inflation and deflation of the balloon.
Is this experience weather dependent?
Yes. Hot air balloon rides are weather dependent and need fair and calm conditions to fly. Inclement weather conditions may cause flights to be cancelled and need to be rescheduled. Your pilot will contact you the evening before your flight to discuss the weather conditions for the next day. In the event of a cancelled flight, you will reschedule directly with the pilot.
Are there any age requirements?
Most young children get restless and are often scared of the loud noise and heat burners. Therefore, the balloon flight is not recommended for children under the age of 6.
Will I have a problem if I'm afraid of heights or experience motion sickness?
Most passengers do not have problems with their fear of heights and passengers with even the most severe cases of motion sickness do not experience problems. The balloon rides are very gentle with a perfectly balanced balloon in the air. You will not experience rocking or swinging and the flight will be stable and smooth.
Are there any weight restrictions?
Additional fees may occur for passengers over 250 lbs.
Is it customary to tip?
Gratuity is not included in the price of the ticket, but is appreciated if the experience is enjoyed.
Other Chicago Gift Ideas:(View all 75 Chicago experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Fly a CessnaAvg Rating of: 5(28)From: $219
- Learn to Fly a HelicopterAvg Rating of: 5(9)From: $375
- NASCAR Ride AlongAvg Rating of: 4-half(28)From: $109
- Drive a NASCARAvg Rating of: 4-half(14)From: $488
- Walking Food Tour of ChicagoAvg Rating of: 4-half(67)From: $52
- Architectural Kayak TourAvg Rating of: 5(12)From: $76
- Sunset PaddleAvg Rating of: 5(4)From: $65
- Golf Lesson with a PGA ProFrom: $129
- Chicago Dinner CruiseAvg Rating of: 3-half(13)From: $143
- All Chicago Experiences