April through Mid-November:
Monday through Friday - 12:00, 3:00 & 6:00 PM
Saturday & Sunday - 8:00 AM to 6:00 PM
- All instructors are certified by the United States Parachute Association
- In their 30 year history, the provider has introduced more than 100,000 people to skydiving
- Super Twin Otter aircraft, capable of carrying 23 jumpers to 14,000 feet in 10 minutes
- 9,000 feet and 60 seconds of free fall at 120 MPH!
As your Super Twin Otter reaches an altitude of over 14,000 feet your instructor tells you its time. Your heart starts pounding from the adrenaline and excitement as you inch closer to the open aircraft door.
You peer over the edge and then, in a split second, you are on the most exciting thrill ride of your life with an expert instructor at your side.
As you fly through clouds at over 100 MPH, for nearly a minute, you feel a complete and total sense of freedom not found anywhere else in the world.
Once the canopy opens, and your parachute deploys, you can take in views of the famous Chicago area as you glide smoothly towards the ground.
All tandem jump masters have earned USPA's highest rating and have thousands of jumps to their credit. In a 30 year history, your skydive operator has introduced over 100,000 people to skydiving.
You are in good hands!
- Participants must be at least 18 years of age and weigh no more than 240 pounds
- There is a generous spectator area for family and friends to hang out with a bar & grill and free Wifi
- Dropzone is a member of the US Parachute Association
Plan to be at the skydive center for 4-6 hours.
One per jump.
Spectators are encouraged to come and hang out in the spectator area while their friends and family members jump.
This experience is weather dependent. Always contact the experience provider with any questions regarding weather conditions.
What to Wear:
Wear comfortable clothing appropriate for weather conditions and closed toed shoes, sneakers are recommended. A jump suit will be provided as well as goggles, an altimeter and gloves if needed.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 3-5 days in advance.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9 Living's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have scheduled a date and received a booking confirmation, no refunds will be given. Rescheduling is allowed up to 5 days prior to your experience, failure to appear on your booked date or to reschedule at least 5 days prior to your booked date will result in the loss of the value of your experience. In the event your experience is canceled due to inclement weather you will receive a rain check valid for 1 year and can reschedule your experience directly with the experience provider.
Is it safe?
Like any other extreme sport, there is inherent risk in skydiving. The experience provider is a United States Parachute Association Group Member Parachute Center as well as a certified training center. This means that all FAA rules are followed and only properly rated instructors, approved methods of training, properly maintained aircraft and parachute equipment will be used. No gear is older than three years old and all equipment is maintained by an FAA Master Rigger. They have trained over 100,000 first jump students since opening in 1960 and have a perfect student safety record.
Other Chicago Gift Ideas:(View all 69 Chicago experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Fly a CessnaAvg Rating of: 5(25)From: $219
- Learn to Fly a HelicopterAvg Rating of: 5(8)From: $375
- NASCAR Stock Car Ride AlongAvg Rating of: 4-half(28)From: $109
- Drive a NASCAR Stock CarAvg Rating of: 4-half(14)From: $488
- Walking Food Tour of ChicagoAvg Rating of: 4-half(64)From: $50
- Architectural Kayak TourAvg Rating of: 4-half(10)From: $76
- Sunset PaddleAvg Rating of: 5(4)From: $65
- Golf Lesson with a PGA ProFrom: $129
- Chicago Dinner CruiseAvg Rating of: 4(12)From: $136
- All Chicago Experiences
"It was an amazing experience. Chicagoland Skydiving Center has wonderful staff very focused on our safety. What a RUSH to fall 120 miles per hour, then to be gently lifted when the parachute opens, ending in a soft landing. Thanks to Mikey and Joy for making this a memorable experience and to Diana for keeping us informed of the weather!"
"Everyone involved with the experience, from booking right through to the activity (tandem skydive), was exceptionally friendly, professional, and personable. It was an outstanding experience, and everyone in our group agreed that this is something we would all do again, of course using all of the same services. Thank you to Cloud 9 Living, Chicagoland Skydiving Center, and their wonderful employees who all made this an outstanding adventure for my family and I!!! "