Ultralight Lesson & Flight
Enjoy Field, Clifton, IL.
April - October; Weekends. Early mornings are best for good weather, typically 8am.
- FAA certified aircraft and highly experienced, FAA certified pilot
- Fly up to 1,000 feet above the Earth at speeds up to 85 miles per hour!
- Enjoy the beautiful sites of Chicago and surrounding areas from a bird's eye view
- Embrace the serenity of this unique mode of flight. You can even help fly!
This FAA certified small, light sport aircraft allows you the opportunity to fly with almost no restriction, sitting in the open air free to touch the wind in ways not imagined until experienced.
In this lesson and flight experience, you will take the first step in understanding what it takes to fly a Powered Kolb Mark III Ultralight airplane. Your expert instructor will teach you the basics of flying, take off and landings as well as many recovery scenarios in the air.
Flying with your FAA certified pilot a thousand feet or more above the ground, you will be inspired by the calm and serenity only found in flight.
Ultralights offer a range of diversity that continually offers challenge, inspiration, and pure joy.
Participants must weigh no more than 250 pounds. Individuals under 18 years of age must have parent/guardian sign a consent waiver.
Due to the volatility of fuel cost, participants may be required to pay a $10 surcharge payable to the provider the day of the experience.
1 hour total including lesson & flight. Participants may be required to wait in the event a large number of participants are on site for lessons on the same date.
1 per lesson/flight
Allowed, you can watch the participant fly the aircraft.
This experience is weather dependent. Always contact the Experience provider with any questions regarding weather conditions.
What to Wear:
Wear comfortable clothing appropriate for weather conditions and closed toed shoes.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 7 days in advance.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have scheduled a date and received a booking confirmation, no refunds will be given. Rescheduling is allowed up to 14 days prior to your experience, failure to appear on your booked date or to reschedule at least 14 days prior to your booked date will result in the loss of the value of your experience. In the event your experience is canceled due to inclement weather you will reschedule your experience directly with your experience provider
Other Chicago Experiences:(View all 58 Chicago experiences)
- Stock Car Ride AlongFrom: $119Avg Rating of: 4-half(20)
- Drive a Stock CarFrom: $519Avg Rating of: 5(7)
- Walking Food Tour of ChicagoFrom: $60Avg Rating of: 4-half(37)
- Golf Lesson with a PGA ProFrom: $129Avg Rating of: 5(1)
- Architectural Kayak TourFrom: $85Avg Rating of: 4(5)
- Sunset PaddleFrom: $75Avg Rating of: 5(2)
- Fly a CessnaFrom: $239Avg Rating of: 5(11)
- Learn to Fly a HelicopterFrom: $405Avg Rating of: 5(4)
- Chicago Lakefront Bike TourFrom: $60Avg Rating of: 5(1)
- All Chicago Experiences
- Gift Certificates
"An experience I feel everypne shoud attempt. Better then any other ride I have ever experence."
"My mother, 8 year old niece, and myself took the Extreme thrill ride. We all enjoyed the ride, but mostly my niece. She asked if we could stay on the boat and ride again!!!!! We were drenched but the experience was the highlight of the trip for my niece. Of all the things to experience in the Chicago area, its one of my favorites."
"What a wonderful experience!!"