- FAA certified aircraft and highly experienced, FAA certified pilot
- Fly up to 1,000 feet above the earth at speeds up to 85 MPH
- Enjoy the beautiful sites of Chicago and surrounding areas from a bird's eye view
- Embrace the serenity of this unique mode of flight where you can even help fly!
This FAA certified small, light sport aircraft allows you the opportunity to fly with almost no restriction, sitting in the open air free to touch the wind in ways not imagined until experienced.
In this lesson and flight experience, you will take the first step in understanding what it takes to fly a powered Kolb Mark III Ultralight airplane. Your expert instructor will teach you the basics of flying, take off and landings as well as many recovery scenarios in the air.
Flying with your FAA certified pilot over 1,000 feet above the ground, you will be inspired by the calm and serenity only found in flight.
Ultralights offer a range of diversity that continually offers challenge, inspiration, and pure joy.
- Participants must bring a government issued ID
- Participants must weigh no more than 240 pounds
- Individuals under 18 years of age must have parent/guardian sign a consent waiver
- Due to the volatility of fuel cost, participants may be required to pay a $10 surcharge payable to the provider the day of the experience
The total experience will last approximately 1 hour total including the lesson and flight. Participants may be required to wait in the event a large number of participants are on site for lessons on the same date.
1 student per flight.
Family and friends are welcome to come watch the participant fly.
This experience is weather dependent. Always contact the experience provider with any questions regarding weather conditions.
What to Wear:
Wear comfortable clothing appropriate for weather condition. Closed toed shoes or sneakers recommended.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 7 days in advance.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9 Living's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have scheduled a date and received a booking confirmation, no refunds will be given. Rescheduling is allowed up to 14 days prior to your experience, failure to appear on your booked date or to reschedule at least 14 days prior to your booked date will result in the loss of the value of your experience. In the event your experience is canceled due to inclement weather you will reschedule your experience directly with your experience provider
What happens if the weather is bad?
In the event of inclement weather, you will reschedule your experience for a future date directly with the experience provider.
Are there any age, height or weight restrictions?
There is no age restriction, but you must be at least 3.5' tall and weigh no more than 240 pounds.
What should I bring?
A government issued ID is required to fly. It is also recommended to bring sunscreen, sunglasses, and some warm clothing.
Are there bathrooms on site?
Yes, the facility has restrooms.
Other Chicago Gift Ideas:(View all 63 Chicago experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Stock Car Ride AlongFrom: $109Avg Rating of: 4-half(22)
- Drive a Stock CarFrom: $488Avg Rating of: 4-half(13)
- Walking Food Tour of ChicagoFrom: $50Avg Rating of: 4-half(52)
- Golf Lesson with a PGA ProFrom: $129
- Architectural Kayak TourFrom: $65Avg Rating of: 5(6)
- Sunset PaddleFrom: $55Avg Rating of: 5(2)
- Fly a CessnaFrom: $209Avg Rating of: 5(17)
- Learn to Fly a HelicopterFrom: $375Avg Rating of: 5(6)
- Chicago Lakefront Bike TourFrom: $46Avg Rating of: 5(2)
- All Chicago Experiences
"An experience I feel everyone should attempt. Better then any other ride I have ever experience."
"What a wonderful experience!!"
"Thanks to Cloud 9 and the ace team at Hanglide Chicago for a memorable barnstorming flight in their two-seater ultralight sportplane! "