Clermont County Airport - Batavia, OH
Monday through Saturday - 8:00 AM to 6:00 PM
Sundays - 11:00 AM to 6:00 PM
Hop into the cockpit, take over the controls and soar through the skies as you Learn to Fly near Cincinnati!
- FAACertifiedFlight Instructor will teach you the basics of flying prior to take-off
- Begin with a pre-flight inspection and ground school before taking to the air
- No experience necessary
- Feel the thrill of flying in a Cessna 172, the most popular training aircraft in the world!
Discover the thrill of flying when you Learn to Fly a Cessna 172 near Cincinnati!
Begin with a meet and greet with your instructor followed by a pre-flight inspection of the aircraft. Learn the basic controls and how to properly maneuver the plane prior to flight.
Together you'll taxi to the runway and prepare for take-off. Once airborne, you'll do most of the flying during the approximately 45-minute flight.
Take in spectacular views of the Cincinnatti skyline and surrounding countryside when you fly with an experienced FAACertifiedInstructor on this Learn to Fly experience.
- Student and passenger must be at least 16 years old with a valid form of ID
- Total weight of student and passenger may not exceed 400 pounds
- Includes a 15 minute pre-flight briefing, 45 minute (engine start to engine stop) flying experience, 6 hours of training materials, a pilot's log book, 6-month subscription to a flight magazine and cockpit posters
1 hour, with approximately 45 minutes of time in the aircraft (engine start to engine stop)
1 student and up to 1 passenger, pending weight restrictions
Spectators are welcome to take photos at the airport and view the take-off and landing
This experience is weather dependent. Always contact the experience provider with any questions regarding weather conditions. In the event of inclement weather, your pilot will work with you to reschedule your experience.
What to Wear:
Wear comfortable clothing appropriate for weather conditions. Closed-toe shoes and sunglasses are highly recommended.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 7 days in advance.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9 Living's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have scheduled a date and received a booking confirmation, rescheduling is allowed with at least 5 days notice. Failure to appear on your booked date or to reschedule within 5 days will result in the loss of the value of your experience.
Do I need experience?
No experience is necessary! An FAA Certified Flight Instructor will be with you for the duration of the experience.
What do I need to bring with me?
All students and passengers must bring a valid form of ID.
Are there any age or weight restrictions?
All students and passengers must be at least 16 years old and have a combined weight that is less than 400 pounds.
What type of aircraft will we fly?
You'll be flying a Cessna 172, one of the most popular training aircraft in the world.
What is included in this experience?
This experience includes a 15 minute pre-flight briefing, 45 minute (engine start to engine stop) flying experience, 6 hours of training materials, a pilot's log book, 6-month subscription to a flight magazine and cockpit posters.
Other Cincinnati Gift Ideas:(View all 21 Cincinnati experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Learn to FlyAvg Rating of: 5(3)From: $199
- Learn to Fly a HelicopterFrom: $299
- NASCAR Ride Along - Sparta, KYAvg Rating of: 5(9)From: $130
- Drive a NASCAR - Sparta, KYAvg Rating of: 3-half(2)From: $499
- Hot Air Balloon RideFrom: $265
- Private Balloon Ride for 2From: $595
- Tandem Hang Gliding FlightAvg Rating of: 5(2)From: $150
- Intro to Hang Gliding CourseAvg Rating of: 5(2)From: $150
- Horseback Trail Ride (for 2+)Avg Rating of: 5(1)From: $60
- All Cincinnati Experiences
"Very knowledgeable instructor. Very pleasant experience. "
"Alan was outstanding as pilot. Outstanding experience overall. Thanks."
"I buy rides in airplanes often and have been the passenger in aircraft from Piper Arrows to 1932 Travel Air biplanes, a Stearman Model 75 biplane and once aboard the B-17 Aluminum Overcast. This was the first time I've ever sat in the pilot's seat and experienced controlling an aircraft. I am now determined to obtain my pilot's license within the year thanks to this experience."