Daily - 8:00 AM to Dusk
*Pending pilot availability
- Fly with an FAA Certified Flight Instructor
- Begin your experience with a 20-30 minute pre-flight lesson
- Take the controls and practice skills such as straight and level flying, climbing, descending and hovering during your approximately 20-25 minute flight
- Lesson includes an endorsed log book plus a photo of you and the helicopter to commemorate your first flight
- No experience necessary!
Take to the air in a state of the art helicopter when you Learn to Fly near Cincinnati!
Your experience begins when you meet your FAA Certified Flight Instructor. After ground school and the completion of a pre-flight checklist, you and your instructor will climb into the helicopter and prepare for take-off.
Depending on the option selected, you'll either fly in a Robinson R-22 (student only) or a Robinson R-44 (student and passenger) helicopter. The Robinson helicopters are among the most popular and reliable training helicopters in the world.
Your pilot will handle take-off and landing but you'll take the controls mid-air and learn how the professionals fly on a daily basis. While in flight, you may have the opportunity to try straight and level flying, climbs, turns and descents!
Take in aerial views of the Ohio countryside on the aproximate 20-25 minute flight. When your feet are firmly planted back on the ground, the provider will snap a few photos of you and your instructor in front of the helicopter to commemorate your first flight!
Be prepared to experience a feeling few in the world ever have - the sensation of manning the controls of an airborne helicopter on this Learn to Fly experience in Ohio!
- Students may not exceed 230 pounds to fly in the R-22 (Flight Lesson for 1 Student)
- Individuals in the R-44 must weigh no more than 280 pounds with a combined weight of 560 pounds (Flight Lesson for 1 Student and 1 Passenger)
- A valid government issued ID is required
- Participants must be 16 years or older to fly the helicopter, passengers must be at least 6 years old
- A parental consent form must be signed for anyone under 18 years old
- No flying experience is necessary
Plan to be there for 1 hour with approximatley 20-25 minutes of flight
The maximum number of participants is dependent on the option selected. One pilot and one student will be in the R-22 helicopter. One pilot, one student and one passenger (pending weight restrictions) are allowed in the R-44 helicopter.
Spectators are welcome to observe take-off and landing from the indoor lounge.
This experience is weather dependent. Always contact the experience provider with any questions regarding weather conditions. In the event of inclement weather, your pilot will work with you to reschedule your experience.
What to Wear:
Wear comfortable clothing appropriate for weather conditions, flat rubber-soled shoes are recommended. Loose clothing is not permitted.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 7 days in advance.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9 Living's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have scheduled a date and received a booking confirmation, no refunds will be given. Rescheduling is allowed up to 72 hours prior to your experience. Failure to appear on your booked date will result in the loss of the value of your experience. Failure to reschedule at least 72 hours prior to your booked date will result in a $25 rescheduling fee. In the event your experience is canceled due to inclement weather you will reschedule your experience directly with your experience provider at not cost.
Are there any weight restrictions?
Yes. The student cannot exceed 230 pounds to fly in the R-22 Helicopter (Flight Lesson for 1 Student). Any students exceeding 230 pounds must upgrade to the R-44 (Flight Lesson for 1 Student and 1 Passenger). In the R-44, individual weight cannot exceed 280 pounds and the combined weight of student and passenger must be under 560 pounds.
Can I bring a camera?
Absolutely! When you are not practicing your maneuvers, you are encouraged to snap some amazing aerial shots.
What if the weather is bad?
In the event your flight is cancelled due to inclement weather, you will reschedule directly with your flight instructor. Always contact your experience provider with questions concerning weather conditions.
Other Cincinnati Gift Ideas:(View all 25 Cincinnati experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Learn to FlyAvg Rating of: 5(3)From: $199
- Learn to Fly a HelicopterFrom: $299
- NASCAR Ride Along - Sparta, KYAvg Rating of: 5(9)From: $130
- Drive a NASCAR - Sparta, KYAvg Rating of: 3-half(2)From: $499
- Riverboat Dinner CruiseFrom: $60
- Sunset Dinner Cruise & Wine TastingFrom: $60
- Hot Air Balloon RideFrom: $265
- Private Balloon Ride for 2From: $595
- Tandem Hang Gliding FlightAvg Rating of: 5(2)From: $150
- All Cincinnati Experiences